There is nothing better than having a pair of shoes which fit well. Only the best walking shoes for overweight walkers can give you enough support to your footbed and reduce the pressures exerted on it by the ground.
Not to mention that modern pairs of shoes are always taking into account the weight of people wearing them. That is why the manufacturers are taking special precautions when producing shoes for overweight people since their safety remains the top priority of all manufacturers being around the shoe industry.
- What to Look for in Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers?
- How Does Extra Weight Affect Your Feet?
- Features of Best Walking Shoes for Heavy Person?
- Benefits of Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
- Best Shoes for Overweight Walkers
- 1. Skechers Men’s Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Shoe
- 2. Men’s ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes
- 3. Women’s Brooks Addiction Walker Shoes
- 4. Men’s Propét Stability Walker Shoe
- 5. Men’s New Balance MW411v2 Shoe
- 6. Women’s New Balance w990v4 Running Shoe
- 7. Men’s Vionic Walker
- 8. Women’s ASICS Gel-Cumulus 18 Shoe
- 9. Men’s Adidas Ultraboost 19 M Shoes
- 10. Women’s Saucony VERSAFOAM Cohesion 12 Shoes
- Obesity and Its Effects on Your Feet
- How to Buy the Best Walking Shoes for Obese Women?
- What Should I Be Looking for When Buying Shoes for a Heavier Woman?
- Walking to Lose Weight
- What to Look for in Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Should I Replace My Shoes When I Lose Weight?
- Q. Do Heavy Runners Require Stability Shoes?
- Q. How Does One Know If They Are an Overweight Runner?
- Q. Is It Normal for the Feet T Hurt After Running?
- Q. Are There Any Other Things One Can Do to Lose Weight Apart From Running?
- Q. What Are the Best Shoes for Obese Walkers
- Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
What to Look for in Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers?
A regular walker that seems to be overweight has some special limitations in his pairs of shoes that should be addressed by the designers. First, shoes should be comfortable in their insole, giving more cushioning to the heel and foot curve areas that are mostly affected by the extra weight of the user.
Additionally, the side parts of the shoes need to be more durable and more solid since problems of supination and pronation will soon appear and diminish the life cycle of the footwear. Moreover, the shoes should be made of lightweight materials in order not to aggravate the user’s ability to move when wearing them. Breathability is another crucial point needed to these shoes so that there is more airflow directed to the inner shoes and better heat containment of overweight users’ feet.
How Does Extra Weight Affect Your Feet?
Extra weight can cause severe damage to your feet. First, excess weight can sharply aggravate the joints and ligaments of the upper and lower feet as well. Most of the time, the ankle joint is the one affected first and gives a lot of pain to people that are extremely obese.
Following this pattern, the foot curve can also be harmed and limit the person’s ability to walk and train the way it used to previously. Not to mention that when you are incredibly obese, there may be problems in the foot arches and the metatarsals since the accumulation of extra fat in that area can put a lot of pressure on the top of your feet.
Features of Best Walking Shoes for Heavy Person?
The best walking shoes for overweight walkers include the following features:
- Comfortable for everyday use with breathability
- Cushioned insole for pain elimination when walking or standing
- Greater room in the forefoot area to give more movability to the toe fingers
- EVA midsole is usually apparent to support the feet when walking
- Foamy material is taking the shape of the feet and reduces fatigue.
- Outsoles are being solid and have more significant lugs offering increased grip to the users.
Benefits of Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
The best walking shoes are giving a lot of benefits to overweight walkers. First, they do not aggravate their joint and ligaments no matter how many hours they may wear their shoes. This happens because less pressure is exerted on them since shoes have a shape to anticipate all powers coming from the ground.
Then, these shoes are capable to reduce fatigue of the user since they are embracing the feet and absorb the excessive sweat. Finally, the best companion for the overweight people will have a larger upper and mesh that is among the parts mostly interactive with the foot arches.
Best Shoes for Overweight Walkers
1. Skechers Men’s Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Shoe
- Memory foam insole. The shoe has a dual side elastic fabric panels for easy slip on fit
- Shock absorbing FlexSole lightweight midsole
Skechers is among the most popular and worn walking shoes currently available in the market. It does make a wide range of footwear for both genders and also for kids. One of its top models, the Skechers Men’s Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker is considered to be among the high quality walking shoes in the market for retail workers.
This best walking shoes for overweight walkers is stylish and is also very lightweight thanks to its memory foam. Its lightweight nature ensures walks smart and comfortable. Its thick and cushy insole offers a platform where your feet can rest well. Apart from being an excellent show for working in stores, it is also great for walking on different surfaces like pavements.
It does have excellent traction which will be of great help in wet weather. Its light patterned mesh at the shoe front together with one at the side panels enables air to get inside the feet. The shoe sole was made in a way that it can take in shock while insole, which is foamed to the full length, ensures comfort.
- It is of a great price
- Made using breathable material
- It is very flexible
- It is lightweight
- Made using stylish accent cushioning
- Comes with a poor arch support
- Mesh is not of a great shape
2. Men’s ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth...
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
The Men’s ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes refers to a trail shoe which was made with great support and high traction amount. Being an update from the previous model, this Men’s ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes does come with a completely new upper and midsole. Its midsole helps in ensuring all runners using it do have shock absorption and comfortable run. The upper also uses a solid upper mesh that helps in keeping the feet fresh and secure.
These best shoes for overweight walkers did make use of the outsole lugs which are positioned in a multi-directional way using a solid tread sanding on the trails. Using an utterly high protection level and an affordable price, the Men’s ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes is one shoe every runner needs to think about.
Its upper is made using a synthetic mesh which adds to the shoe durability and flexibility. It does boast of a comfortable and plush tongue. The upper of the shoe is made using a synthetic material that helps in ensuring great breathability. Its updated design ensures the shoe is able to keep the foot dryer and cooler.
- It is highly durable
- Made using redesigned midsole and upper
- Comes with an extra reinforcement
- Has great traction
- It is very flexible
- It is a bit heavy
- It lacks responsiveness
3. Women’s Brooks Addiction Walker Shoes
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width, "D" = Wide width, "2A" = Narrow width, "2E" = Extra wide width
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar strategically supports your arch to guide...
- SLIP-RESISTANT, SECURE FIT: The forefoot MC Pod construction and an innovative outsole sets your...
- SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight and speed, to make every step...
The Women’s Brooks Addiction Walker Shoe is considered to be among the best walking shoes for overweight walkers which were designed to blend into our daily outfits making it suitable for different occasions. It is a supportive shoe that has been made using durable materials that are friendly to the environment and do offer a great walking experience.
Great support, durability, and comfort are some of the features that make this shoe any walker’s dream. It comes with a thick and responsive cushion. Investing in this shoe will make you forget all your knee, foot and back pain.
The outsole of this shoe is made up of an anti-slip and high performance rubber that helps increases its durability. It also has a BioMoGo DNA platform that is long lasting and offers a perfect cushion. The upper is made using sturdy and high quality leather which will never get you stretched or torn.
Its forefront does feature denser and smaller groove known as the MC Pod construction that ensures the foot is always grounded throughout the length thereby ensuring a well balanced and stable posture.
- It is very durable
- Has a slip resistant outsole
- It is blendable and versatile
- The midsole is biodegradable
- Helps reduce back, leg and feet pain
- It is a bit expensive
- It is of robust design that is not suitable for all people
4. Men’s Propét Stability Walker Shoe
- Walking sneaker with leather upper featuring rocker profile, D-ring speed-lacing system, and...
- Molded-EVA midsole
- Internal heel counter; Fit: This style tends to run small. For an accurate fit we recommend...
- Removable cushioned orthotic
The Men’s Propét Stability Walker Shoe does have a full forefront and a heel base that allows your feet to have enough space. It also helps in increasing the shoe stability whenever you are walking on them.
These shoes do have a thick rubber sole that helps in reducing the impact on every step on your joint. These shoes do run small in size, and the manufacturer does recommend buying almost half a size larger than you can.
These best walking shoes for heavy person are also made using 100% leather, and their design does offer maximum stability that is great for people who with flat feet but are interested in working more and do enjoy being outdoors.
They are considered to be among the best standing shoes since they do have enough cushions that ensure you are always comfortable. These walking shoes also come with a heel pad and have a PU insole with cushioned ridges.
- It is relatively affordable
- Perfect for people who suffer from knee pain
- Offers great support
- It has great support
- Made using 100% leather
- It is a bit bulky
- The soles do wear out fast
5. Men’s New Balance MW411v2 Shoe
- Lace-up walking shoe featuring perforated upper and New Balance applique at quarterpanel
In case you are shopping for the best walking shoes, then you need to go for the Men’s New Balance MW411v2 Shoe. This shoe without doubt does pass lots of evaluation tests from the outsole, interior compartments, and midsole. It can easily fit different users’ types despite your feet being flat or you being overweight. Its midsole ensures all the stress is taken away.
These best walking shoes for overweight men do come with a bounce cushioning on its midsole that ensures one always stays afloat providing them with the envied feel. It does fit the size and takes feet dimension for support. It also offers excellent balance to ensure you still walking without any pain.
It also comes with compressed AIMEVA foam that combines with a soft lining of fabric to give the right shoe filling. Its level of comfort does extend to the collar and plush tongue for complete forefoot and ankle support.
- Comes with a small heel to shoe drop
- Its insole is removable
- Available in up to 6 different colors
- Its upper allows for fresh air
- Comes with a compressed AIMEVA foam
- Its size does run large at times
- It is a bit bulky
6. Women’s New Balance w990v4 Running Shoe
- ENCAP midsole technology provides support and maximum durability
- Encap Polyurethane ring with ethylene vinyl acetate core in heel
- Dual density collar foam
The Women’s New Balance w990v4 Running Shoe is ranked among the best walking shoes for overweight walkers shoe pair for any runner who is interested in stable, well-cushioned shoes that have superior support.
This brand doe’s boast of having a quality design and the model does follow similar high expectations. The boots also utilize some top technologies that offer every runner with a great and pleasing experience.
It is made using a combination of durable leather and upper pigskin that comes together with ENCAP and EVA midsole technology that helps in keeping the shoe from getting torn after every short mile. It is an ideal shoe for the overpronator.
It comes with extra cushioning and most of the runners did report that it did help offer extra arch support and do away with knee, foot and hip pain they did get from other types of running shoes.
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Comes with an ENCAP midsole
- It does have wide options also available
- Has extra cushioning
- Comes with an EVA foam that makes it durable
- Not that responsive as other running shoes
- It is not that flexible
7. Men’s Vionic Walker
- The Walker sneaker is designed to keep you moving with maximum comfort and support.
Feet aches and pains can be very disturbing especially for people with flat feet. People who suffer from pronation problems and other issues related to the feet also know how worse it can be. However, with the Men’s Vionic Walker shoes, all these people can run and walk like never before.
These best walking shoes for obese are made using a comfy inner sole that offers great feet cushion whenever one is walking or running. It is important that you try considering buying these shoes in case you does experience a serious overpronation.
One can easily remove the innersole, wash them separately and return them back. It also allows for the free circulation of air that helps in preventing sweating. These shoes also come with a midsole that helps in the absorption of shock. It is one of the most ideal running shoes for people with knee pains, ankle aches and back problems.
- Comes with a removable inner sole
- It is very supportive
- It is resistant to water
- Allow for free air circulation
- Midsole help in shock absorption
- Not that durable
- A bit expensive
8. Women’s ASICS Gel-Cumulus 18 Shoe
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry...
- FluidRide Midsole: FluidRide provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning...
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and...
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology: This Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for...
The Women’s ASICS Gel-Cumulus 18 Shoe is one of the most popular and versatile ASICS shoes. It is a very neutral shoe that comes with a 10mm drop. It is best suited for people with high arches and heel strikers. They are a perfect training partner for the middle to long distance runners since they do gel well and offer great comfort in every way. They are also known to offer enough support to remain neutral shoes but leaning towards being very supportive.
They are well known for their great breathability, flexibility, and lightweight feature. Their outsole design can retain the layout of the shoes while making for a few tweaks. Its plastic shank design has been slightly modified.
The height of the toe box is vertically cut down. It means that most of the runners will have their big toe sticking through the mesh. The Women’s ASICS Gel-Cumulus 18 Shoe also maintains a soft character ride despite there being a couple of updates which can affect its softness. It does have visible gel pads that have reduced sizes below the rear foot.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Does have a slightly narrow sizing option
- Comes with a reliable arch support
- It is well cushioned
- It is a bit expensive
- Its toe box can be a little bit cramped
9. Men’s Adidas Ultraboost 19 M Shoes
- Lace closure
- Supportive adidas Primeknit 382
- Flexible Stretchweb outsole; Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary traction in wet and dry...
- Responsive Boost midsole; Stabilising Torsion Spring
It now five years now since the Men’s Adidas Ultraboost 19 M Shoes first came into the market. For the past five years, it has been considered as the best running shoe in the market due to its appealing design, high quality, functionality, and its unparalleled cushioning and bounce.
You will not be disappointed since these best shoes for overweight do come simplified and improved. It comes with a very supportive upper with its midsole ensuring one is always stable when using them.
The great responsiveness and excellent cushioning allow one to cover several miles without getting fatigued. Its outsole is a bit grippy due to the type of materials that have been used in making it. It also comes with a great grip suitable for smooth surfaces.
- It is a very versatile shoe
- Has great responsiveness
- It is made from lightweight materials
- Has great cushioning and underfoot protection
- It is an extremely comfortable shoe
- It is made using breathable materials
- It is a bit expensive
- Not all its users are impressed with its 3D external heel cage
10. Women’s Saucony VERSAFOAM Cohesion 12 Shoes
- Versa foam cushioning technology
- Grid technology
- Durable rubber outsole
- Supportive upper overlays
The Women’s Saucony VERSAFOAM Cohesion 12 Shoes does use 29mm foam below the heel and 17mm below the forefoot. All these offer a great cushion to most of the runners.
The material used in making these shoes are very nice and of a soft feel. However, it does lack some responsiveness that one can always get from top quality running shoes. The cushion can log miles but it can be a bit sluggish whenever you turn up the pace.
It does have a durable rubber which is very flexible. Its upper fit is true although it is a bit narrow. Its heels are narrow and do feel secure when locking in the heel. However, there are times when it does seem to widen a lot to the shoe length.
Its upper is made using old ways that help in cutting down its cost. The upper is also fully seamed and lacks an interior sock liner.
- Its upper does have great support
- Comes with lots of cushion
- It is a bit affordable
- It is made using a durable rubber material
- Its material is of great breathability
- It does lack some responsiveness
- Its forefoot is a bit narrow
Obesity and Its Effects on Your Feet
For sure, you are aware that obesity does put you at risk of suffering from heart-related disease, diabetes or any other illness. Very few people are aware that obesity does put them at risk of foot pain together with other foot conditions that can prevent them from performing exercises on a regular basis.
One of the main effects of obesity on your feet is the selling of the ligament, which connects the heel to toes. It can lead to a sharp pain on your foot. People who are obese do have high chances of suffering from ankle sprains that reduce the amount of workout one does.
How to Buy the Best Walking Shoes for Obese Women?
You should never rush in purchasing the best walking shoes for overweight walkers online without trying them. Ensure you always identify the essential shoe features for you. You can consider going through some of the customers’ reviews and feedback concerning different walking shoes available in the market. Ensure that you put lots of attention on the feet arch. Most of the overweight people are known to have wide feet; hence, it is still advisable that you check the feet width.
What Should I Be Looking for When Buying Shoes for a Heavier Woman?
The huge variety of walking shoes for heavier women has made it difficult for any shopper to know which the best is. However, there are essential things that you need to always pay close attention to whenever you are looking for more massive woman shoes. Features such as the right cushioning amount, the weight of the boots, breathability of the materials used in making the shoes. Also, go for shoes that have excellent balance, stability, and motion control. Ensure the does do have a lower heel, and the outsoles are thick.
Walking to Lose Weight
Performing physical activity like walking is of great benefit in controlling weight as it helps in the burning of calories. Whenever you add up to 30 minutes of brisk walking to your day to day routine, you will be in a position of burning up to 150 calories in a single day. The more you do walk, the faster your pace will be, and the more calories you will be burning.
People need to take part in at least 30 minutes of intense to moderate exercises every day or a minimum of 150 minutes every week.
What to Look for in Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
There are lots of varieties of best walking shoes for overweight walkers currently available in the market. This has made it difficult for shoppers to identify the best walking shoes for them. In this section, we will be looking at some of the essential things one needs to consider when shopping for the best walking shoes for heavy people in the market.
It is necessary that the people who are overweight use shoes that fit them correctly. However, with lots of weight pressing on the feet bottom and ankles, one needs to do in-depth research, be patient, and understand several personal situations to get the right shoes. When you are not in a position of getting the laces, you can consider going for the slip-on shoes since they are the best for people suffering from weight issues. These shoes are available in more extended sizes due to the increased feet width.
One needs to go for the right size of walking shoes for overweight persons. Getting the wrong size will just make the wearer more uncomfortable to the already swollen, aching, and sore feet. The best advice is for one to seek professional help when not sure of the support.
People struggling with severe overweight conditions do have aching and sore feet. Maximum levels of support will, therefore, be required to help in combating the extra weight which is being carried. The levels of comfort do depend on personal preference. There is something that can work for a person and fail to work for another person.
For decades, heel support running shoe features have remained the same. Some of the feature highlights that have remained the same are that some might need extra features that not found in other shoes. Motion and stability features are still of great importance. An increase in heel thickness and height increase of the outsole will provide the right balance and support.
Cushioning will offer extra stability and ensures the impact on the feet is well absorbed. The right cushioning amount will help reduce the amount of energy that moved back to the ankles, knees, and legs. People suffering from overweight conditions must exercise frequently. Wearing best sneakers for heel spurs that do not have enough cushioning will just but reduce their mobility, thereby making the already worsen health condition more severe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most critical questions you need to know about the best walking shoes for overweight walkers.
Q. Should I Replace My Shoes When I Lose Weight?
You don’t have to replace your walking shoes when you lose weight since it offers the same support, and they do conform to your weight and size. Continuing using the same walking shoes is excellent and will never affect you even when you lose weight.
The time you will need to replace the shoes will be determined by the mileage and construction it can bring. Specific shoes can last for up to 500 miles.
Q. Do Heavy Runners Require Stability Shoes?
For sure, it is not that important to have the stability shoes for overweight runners. It all depends on how their feet look like. Although obese people are more susceptible to pronation and flat feet, some do not have it.
What every runner requires is the support to help keep feet away from any injury risk. Always check if you need individual or stability running shoes before you decide on which one you need.
Q. How Does One Know If They Are an Overweight Runner?
If you are overweight, you will be considered a heavy runner. It is advisable that one always have their overall health and weight checked by a doctor so that they know the changes they can make to their lifestyle apart from running. You can also check if you are overweight by measuring the weight, height, and calculating using the Body Mass Index.
Q. Is It Normal for the Feet T Hurt After Running?
Yes, it is very normal for your feet to hurt after running, but only to some extent. Most people do suffer from the workout burn, which can easily affect their lower body. When the feet start aching too much to the point which you will not be able to walk well, then that is an injury or stress sign. In case you do feel extreme pain around the feet, you should elevate it a bit.
Q. Are There Any Other Things One Can Do to Lose Weight Apart From Running?
Apart from running, it is also possible to lose some weight using a healthful diet program. Weight loss is useful when it starts in the kitchen. You can resort to taking whole foods; reduce any sweets and nutriments of high calorific content that does not have any nutritional value.
Q. What Are the Best Shoes for Obese Walkers
Here is the list of some walking shoes for obese walkers: ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Shoes, Brooks Addiction Walker Shoes, New Balance MW411v2 Shoe, Vionic Walker, Adidas Ultraboost 19 M Shoes.
Best Walking Shoes for Overweight Walkers
In case you are obese or overweight, performing an exercise in the form of running can best help you get back to your normal shape and good health. Provided you do have the right shoes and clothes. You will always have enough support always to break a sweat and run in comfort. Maintaining the right posture is another great thing you will have to learn about whenever you are at it.
Of all the best walking shoes for overweight walkers we tried and tested, the winner goes to. We were pleased by its lightweight construction that did stabilize the wearers’ feet despite the size and weight of a wearer. It does offer very smooth support and response that prevents the feet from aching without minding how long one has been running. In case you do have any suggestions or questions, feel free to get in touch with us.