All the capable vet techs are usually working to heal up precious pets. The best shoes for vet techs are those who are giving them more stamina and endurance to stand up and walk all day. Also, these shoes should have anti-skid abilities to make the vet tech walk with confidence over slippery terrains.
A veterinary technician spends most of the day on their feet in the animal hospital. That is why it is very important to find the best one.
Why You Need a Good Pair of Shoes for Vet Techs?
The necessity of the best shoes for vet techs derives from the nature of the profession. Being on a vet lab all day, it may pose extreme hazards to your health. There is a need to stand up during long hours over a surgical procedure or even walk regularly to talk with pet owners.
The vet tech job is assisting one of the vets and can be even more demanding from times to times. That is why you certainly need the best pair of shoes you can get to keep you balanced and comfortable while being in your workplace.
How to Choose Best Shoes for Vet Techs?
There is only one way to choose the best shoes for vet techs: comfort and safety rules must be followed. First, you need to check the size and shape of the shoes. You should be quickly put them on and off when needed.
Their insole should be comfortable and removable so that you can wash it easily. Moreover, the outsole needs to be more flexible and having more massive lugs to increase the traction and grip of the user over the slippery ground.
Features of Good Shoes for Vet Techs
There are multiple features for the best vet techs shoes:
- Lightweight design. This will make it easier for you to wear them for a longer time.
- Sockliner must be able to adjust orthotics. It can help people that suffer from feet deformities.
- They are cushioning in the heel and foot curve areas. A pain-free application is guaranteed.
- Breathable upper mesh and tongue. This will help improve your heat containment.
- Smart lacing system. It can give you secure bending of the ankle to the foot arches and improve your safety when being at work.
Benefits of Shoes for Vet Techs
There are certain benefits of specialized shoes for vet techs. First, you feel safe and secure when wearing them. Additionally, you don’t mind having mild impacts in the workplace since your shoes can adequately protect you.
Moreover, the larger room for your feet can guarantee your satisfaction anytime you wear them and improve your outcomes as a vet tech. Finally, by choosing the best shoes for vet techs, you may feel confident that you can deliver the expected work performance and become part of the successful vet medical team!
Best Shoes for Vet Techs
1. DAWGS Men’s Premium Working Vet Tech Shoes
If you are looking for the best shoes for vet techs, then “DAWGS Men’s Premium Working shoe” is the first choice of them. DAWGS mainly deliver EVA based footwear.
The sole of this product is a synthetic type, and this is a manmade product also. The design combination is very attractive with a highly durable non-marking rubber sole. The rubber sole is also very flexible to use. Arch support is amazing with its ultra-thick sole.
The product is very lightweight and more attractive for its low impact heel. This product is easy to clean flavour resistance materials.
Moreover, this kind of product can be used for daily or rough uses and also can be used for sports or travel.
- Specially made for men and design is more attractive
- Product is man-made, and the sole is synthetic
- The rubber outsole is more durable and flexible with excellent arch support
- Lightweight with a low influence heel
- Comfier and easy to use because of extended wear on hard floors
- Limited colour edition
- Not 100% slip resistance
2. Crocs Women’s Neria Pro Graphic Shoes for Vet Techs
Crocs Women’s Neria Pro also the vet nurse shoes. This specially made for women.
This product fully imported, and this is 100% crocs synthetic rubber sole based. The shaft measurement nearly not applicable from the arch and the heel measurement approximately 1 inch with synthetic rubber sole. The platform measurement is 0.75 inches (approximately). The product is crocs lock slip-resistant tread with great care instructions, and this is very easy to clean & quick to dry.
These shoes normally used for daily purposes and also can be used for travel or sports. This is also very comfortable to use with its extra room for easy on-off. This product is Astm f2913-11 tested and certified.
- Fully imported and 100% Crocs with synthetic rubber sole
- Measurement of shaft nearly not applicable from arch
- Heel and platform measurement are respectively 1 inch and 0.75 inches (approximately)
- Amazing design with a great colour combination
- Use for daily purposes or heavy uses
- Sometimes slippery in water
- Little bit cost
3. Gelato Men’s 8555 Professional Vet Tech Shoes
Gelato is a famous shoe brand in Vita Pacific. This footwear company provides specially for casual lifestyle fashion products, and Gelato Men’s 8555 Professional Comfort Work Shoe is one of them.
These best shoes for surgical techs are actually synthetic based and completely imported. The sole of this product is more durable and flexible with extensible elasticity. This is slipping resistance and also resistance to oily or water surface. The design combination is very attractive, with a great colour combination. This is also a lightweight product with shock-absorbing cushioned in-sole.
Mid-sole used for all-day comfortability. It can be used for rough use or travel or sports.
- This is a synthetic made product with average design
- Imported and very lightweight with a synthetic sole
- Excellent slip resistance and professional with health care, service industries or restaurant
- Man-made material with special attention and also water & oil resistance
- Cushioned in shock absorbing and very flexible & durable Mid-sole
- Not a gorgeous design
- Limited colour collection
4. Birkenstock Professional Unisex Profi Birki Vet Nurse Shoes
Birkenstock is a well-known company in Germany, and Birkenstock Professional is one of the best products of them.
This is made of 100% polyurethane and also made of the synthetic sole. This product fully imported, and its sole is very durable and flexible with extra comfortability. The heel measurement is approximately 1.5 inches. On the bottom of the sole of product, sizes mentioned, and it represented by M & L means Men and Ladies.
These best shoes for surgical techs are very attractive for its amazing colour combination. It can be used for daily purposes mainly and also can be used for heavy or rough uses. This item is also dishwasher safe.
- 100% Polyurethane and imported base product
- Artificial or synthetic sole with sizes mentioned on the bottom
- Synthetic sole with certified Anti-slip outsole
- Product is dishwasher safe and sizes alluded on the bottom sole
- Heel measurement nearly 1.5 inch
- Sole is not more durable
- Not for heavy uses
5. Emeril Lagasse Men’s Quarter Slip-Resistant Vet Tech Shoes
Emeril Lagasse is a well-known company of footwear. This specially made for slip resistance. Emeril Lagasse Men’s Quarter Slip-Resistance Work Shoe is one of these products. This product specially made for men. This is 100% Nubuck and imported.
This product is rubber sole based on high flexibility and durability. The colour combination is more attractive, and the design is also very gorgeous.
This product is super oil & slip resistance because its outsole provides superior traction on wet & greasy surfaces. Here also used the B.A.M. system provides 24 hours comfort. EVA moulded system also used for maximum support. This product can be used for travelling also.
- 100% Nubuck and imported product with durable rubber sole
- Low-top from the arch of shaft measurement(approximately)
- The outsole gives great attraction on greasy or wet surfaces and also more flexible
- Excellent design with the colour combination
- Mid-range budget with B.A.M. (Balance Active Movement) Memory Foam Insole
- Limited colour collection
- Sole is strong but not long-lasting
6. ZooSurf Veterinarian shoe Women Sneakers for Vet Techs
This type of sneakers shoe is very well-known to all. For women’s Zoosurf Veterinarian Shoe is one of the best products.
This is a rubber, sole based and imported product. This item is gorgeous to look, and the colour combination is very attractive. This beautiful design originated in Europe. The canvas is the upper side with a flexible rubber sole. The company gives the customers a 100% money guarantee about the shoe’s durability. This product can be used for travel, athletics, sports or daily working purposes.
Amazing comfortability of this shoe when used because this is air breathable where air can easily pass through the shoe. But sometimes it creates size problems because the size chart may differ from other shoes.
- Canvas upper & Rubber sole with high elasticity and durability
- Originally Art- Designed in Europe and tested for comfort
- Amazing design with various colour combination and specially made for women
- Best budget-friendly item
- Can be used for school, travels, sports or daily purposes
- Size may differ from other shoes
- Size may not fit everyone for variation
7. Keen Utility Men’s PTC Slip-ON II-M Shoes for Vet Techs
This is a progressive company that made premium shoes, bags, socks, etc. Keen Utility Men’s PTC Slip-ON II-M is the best collection of them.
This is 100% leather-based and imported with its durable & flexible outsole. This item is slipping and oil resistance which is tested by ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials). This is very comfortable and easy to use with great midsole connection.
Here used a compression-moulded EVA midsole system and the memory foot-bed is Keen Cush PU & memory foam. 100% Leather
- Product is 100% Leather and imported
- Rubber sole based item with high flexibility
- Slip and oil resistance with high performing outsole
- Compression-moulded EVA midsole technology uses for the non-slip outsole
- Different design than other shoes and used memory foam footbed
- Not a budget-friendly product
- Not more attractive design
8. Skechers Women’s Comfort Flex Sr Hc Pro Health Care Professional Shoe
Skechers’ footwear-company is a well-known company. This company has much product, and Women’s Comfort Flex Sr Hc Pro Health Care Professional shoe is one of the best products of them. This product specially made for women’s purpose.
These Veterinary Shoes are 100% textile-based and also imported. The sole is synthetic with long durability & flexibility. This item can be used for travel & sports also. Mainly this product is used for rough or daily uses. The design combination is gorgeous, and the colour combination is also very attractive.
This shoe is slipping resistance even on the oily or greasy surface. In this product, air can easily be passed through the shoe and make foot perspire free. It can also be used as a nursing shoe or as food service shoe. The shaft measurement is nearly low-top from arch.
- Amazing design combination with100% Textile and imported item
- Artificial or synthetic based product and textile material is breathable
- Shaft measurement approximately low-top” from arch
- This is slip & oil resistance with durable and flexible rubber sole
- Water & stain Repellent treatment and can be used as nursing or food service shoe
- Not more strong like other shoes
- Not for heavy uses
9. Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Shoes for Vet Techs
Merrell is an American footwear company. This company specially made high-performance hiking boots. Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Slip-on shoe is one of the greatest collections of them. This item normally made of 100% Suede Leather and this is 100% imported also.
In this product, a custom system applied where Moc-inspired slip-on with elastic side & fit features used for stain and water-resistance leather upper. This is a rubber, sole based product with an attractive colour & design combination. Here compression-moulded system EVA is used for giving better cushioning.
The lug depth is 0.1 inches. The mesh lining is breathable and adds stability. This shoe can be used for travel, sports, hiking or daily purposes heel absorbs shock and adds stability.
- 100% Suede Leather type shoe and also imported
- The rubber sole is attractive and also durable
- Mesh lining is breathable non-slip outsole with better flexibility
- Compression-moulded EVA foot frame gives great cushioning
- Air-cushion midsole and Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock
- Not properly water resistance
- Cost is a little higher
10. COSIDRAM Men Casual Veterinary Shoes
COSIDRAM Men Casual Shoe is a rubber sole based shoe. This product made of genuine leather upper for lasting comfort.
The cushioning system is very strong with its durable & flexible outsole. The air can easily be passed through the shoe, and for this reason, the foot fell free from perspiring. This is also a handmade product with genuine leather upper can withstand twisting.
The cushioned insole can protect the feet from friction to hard surfaces and increase the durability. The design of this shoe is more attractive than other shoes. It can be used for travel, sports, athletics or rough use.
- Mid-range cost with great specification
- Air can be passed very easily to make the feet fell free
- Amazing colour & design combined with excellent outer sole
- Cushion insole protects the feet from the friction of the rough surface
- Size varies from other shoes
- Not for heavy uses
Criteria to Buy Vet Techs Shoes
The features that help you most to pick the best vet techs shoes are described below in short.
As veterinary technicians work in a critical situation, they need more support from their shoes. So the best shoe for vet techs should be rigid and strong. To offer the best support through your shoe, the outsole and the footbed should be durable enough. The rubber outsole is very durable. Synthetic footbed should also be your first choice. Along with rubber outsole and synthetic footbed, you also look for the comfort level of your shoe.
The second thing that you should look for in the comfort of the shoe. The level of comfort of a shoe refers to the material used for making that shoe. Leather is the most comfortable material to make any kind of shoe. Best vet tech shoes made with leather material. But for better durability, canvas or suede upper shoes are more preferable than others.
Proper air circular also makes a shoe comfortable. When a worker is working in a critical situation, his feet produce more sweat. So the proper air circular is very important to choose the best vet tech shoes.
For any kind of working shoe, flexibility is the main aspect to be considered. The more flexibility your shoe offers, the more comfortable you are in your workplace. Lightweight, breathable shoes are more flexible. So you should look at the weight and the material of the shoe. A heavy shoe makes you bother rather than support you. It is a good idea to walk for a while to ensure either the shoe is flexible or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Should I Wear for Vet Techs?
Ans: you should wear supportive and comfortable shoes. Because it is very unsafe in a working veterinary task, you need proper support and comfort with your shoes. You can choose a shoe from our suggestions.
Q. What Are Comfortable Veterinary Shoes?
Ans: the shoes which are soft, lightweight and breathable are comfortable for veterinary shoes. Leather is a material which makes a shoe more comfortable and light. But canvas shoes are very much durable rather than leather shoes.
Q. What Are the Best Nursing Shoes?
Ans: the veterinary shoes also considered as nursing shoes. That’s why you can check out our list to get the best nursing shoes. But in a word, supportive and light shoes are best for nursing.
Q. What Are the Best Tennis Shoes for Nurses?
Ans: ASICS Gel Resolution 6 Tennis Shoe, Nike Women’s Court Lite Tennis Shoe, K-Swiss Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe, PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 Cross-Training Shoe, etc. are the best tennis shoes for nurses.
List of 10 Shoes for Vet Techs
If you are a Vet Tech, then you need to work on your feet all day long in a veterinary hospital! Don’t worry, find any of the ten best shoes for Vet Techs above according to your need that we have listed after research. These shoes will help you stay comfortable for your feet during the work period. Choose the right shoes for you which fit you best, and make sure they also good to look or feel good on your working hours without any issue.
- Why You Need a Good Pair of Shoes for Vet Techs?
- How to Choose Best Shoes for Vet Techs?
- Features of Good Shoes for Vet Techs
- Benefits of Shoes for Vet Techs
- Best Shoes for Vet Techs
- 1. DAWGS Men’s Premium Working Vet Tech Shoes
- 2. Crocs Women’s Neria Pro Graphic Shoes for Vet Techs
- 3. Gelato Men’s 8555 Professional Vet Tech Shoes
- 4. Birkenstock Professional Unisex Profi Birki Vet Nurse Shoes
- 5. Emeril Lagasse Men’s Quarter Slip-Resistant Vet Tech Shoes
- 6. ZooSurf Veterinarian shoe Women Sneakers for Vet Techs
- 7. Keen Utility Men’s PTC Slip-ON II-M Shoes for Vet Techs
- 8. Skechers Women’s Comfort Flex Sr Hc Pro Health Care Professional Shoe
- 9. Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Shoes for Vet Techs
- 10. COSIDRAM Men Casual Veterinary Shoes
- Criteria to Buy Vet Techs Shoes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of 10 Shoes for Vet Techs