Some people are really having a hard time when choosing shoes not to suppress their upper feet surface. The best shoes for Tarsal tunnel are those who are supportive of the foot arches without giving additional pressure to the sensitive tissues of your feet.
Modern people are really fond of buying shoes that are both anatomical and stylish. These new series of shoes that are competent to ease the symptoms of the tarsal tunnel can be worn at work and in leisure time with the same efficiency.
- What is Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome?
- What to Look for When Choosing Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel?
- Features of Good Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel?
- Benefits of Wearing Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
- Best Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
- 1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
- 2. Orthofeet Pain Relief Arch Support Orthopedic shoe
- 3. Propet Women’s Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneaker
- 4. Dr. Comfort Wing Men’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Dress Shoe
- 5. Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief shoe
- 6. ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- 7. Vionic Women’s Walker
- 8. Orthofeet Proven Relief of Foot and Heel Pain
- 9. Dr. Scholl’s Sheena Women’s Sandal
- 10. Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- What To Look for When You Are Selecting The Best Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
- List of 10 Good Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
What is Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome?
The tarsal tunnel syndrome is a massive decomposition of the upper ligament of the metatarsals that leads to anomalies in the upper surface of the feet. This, of course, produces extra pain to your feet, and you are in constant request for pain relief especially when wearing any kind of footwear.
This condition is rather common across people of middle-age and can severely impact their ability to walk and exercise if left without proper treatment. There is no surgery treatment as of this time and you should only wear the best shoes for tarsal tunnel should you want to remain relaxed when being at work.
What to Look for When Choosing Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel?
The best things to look at when choosing these special shoes are their size and their style as well. The size should be adequate to your feet special measurements and must not be above the threshold of support to your heels and foot arches.
The style should be unique so that you don’t need to change shoes multiple times throughout the day when you need to attend other events. Additionally, you should also look for lightweight upper mesh that will help you forget about the pressure phenomena being exerted to the metatarsals by your activity while wearing your shoes.
Features of Good Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel?
There are multiple features that shoes for tarsal tunnel have in common:
- Larger forefoot area which can give extra mobility to the toe fingers
- Greater lugs on the outsole that offers enhanced grip and traction when needed
- More cushioned insole to absorb all the pressures coming to the heel area from the ground
- Perfect binding of the ankle to the metatarsals thanks to the smart lacing system
- Increased breathability of the upper mesh and shaft due to the specialized textiles used
Benefits of Wearing Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
Certain benefits come with the use of the best shoes for tarsal tunnel. First, you are not in pain anymore. You will stand up and walk easier using these shoes. Not to mention, that you will have drier and more healthy feet since these shoes are having removable insoles that can absorb more sweat and could be easier washed and rinsed.
Additionally, you can easily correct the natural anatomy of your feet to make the ligaments on the top part stronger. The shoes are giving you more freedom to move freely and this can train the muscles on the metatarsals to support all the underlying structures.
Best Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
This shoe is from Asics which is a renowned brand in the footwear industry. This ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe is awesome in cushioning and support. Featuring Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System this shoe minimize impact during various phases.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe is a synthetic shoe. It features rubber sole for maximum support. The shaft of this shoe is measured approximately low to top from the arch. It helps to get a smooth transition. There is a Removable Sockliner in this shoe. It helps to get a medical orthotic.
These shoes have awesome outsole. It offers exceptional durability. In critical areas, you will get the right amount of support and comfort by this shoe.
- Comes with synthetic upper and durable rubber sole
- Features Rearfoot GEL cushioning system to minimize shock
- It comes with removable sock liner like a medical orthotic.
- The outsole is a trail-specific outsole to give uphill and downhill traction
- The outsole delivers exceptional durability by High Abrasion Rubber
- Not great for high arches
- Size may vary
2. Orthofeet Pain Relief Arch Support Orthopedic shoe
These best shoes for tarsal tunnel syndrome is made of leather. This Orthofeet Pain Relief Arch Support Orthopedic shoe has adequate support in both arch and heel. So, if you have pain for the tarsal tunnel, you will get enough support to move comfortably. It has a removable orthotic insole. It assists to add interior support.
This shoe features the right amount of cushioning. Therefore, it will help to relieve heel and arch pain at the same time. And the tarsal tunnel sufferers need more support in arch and heel. The seam-free lining adds great softness. The extra foam padding allows the reduction of foot irritation.
Overall, this leather upper and polyester mesh upper lining shoe is very much comfort for the tarsal tunnel. Its multi-layer self-molding foam takes great care of your foot.
- Made with leather upper and polyester mesh material to offer the best comfort
- Features removable orthotic insole to add proper support
- help to relieve heel as well as arch pain by extra foam padding
- Seam-free lining and padding foam helps to reduce foot irritation
- Multi-layer foam insole can ensure extra comfort
- Price rate is so high
- Not for wide feet
3. Propet Women’s Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneaker
Mary Jane is a name of style and fashion in the footwear industry. They have long-time experience of producing stylish and supportive shoes for various purposes. This Propet Women’s Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneaker is a popular one for the tarsal tunnel. This textile material shoe is very durable so that it worth the price you cost.
Propet Women’s Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneaker has a synthetic sole. As synthetic sole offers more durability than other materials, this shoe is proper in durability. It has a two-tone mesh upper. Featuring a hook and loop closure, it offers adjustable comfort.
Overall, this shoe is a perfect shoe for them who have any kind of foot pain specially tarsal tunnel. But it is a way to become narrow. If you have wide feet, you should check out their shoe size chart. It will help you to ensure that you choose the right pair of shoes.
- Textile upper gives great durability
- Synthetic sole offers the right amount of grip and traction
- hook and loop closure increase adjustable comfort
- Features lightweight traveltek EVA outsole for better traction and durability
- Cushioned EVA insole gives proper flexibility in movement
- Way to narrow
- Minimal support
4. Dr. Comfort Wing Men’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Dress Shoe
Dr. Comfort is one of the best brands for orthopedic feet. Those who have foot pain like plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel, fibroma, etc, can get the best comfort by this shoe. These best shoes for tarsal tunnel syndrome are made of pure leather. Dr. Comfort Wing Men’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Dress Shoe is perfect for professional usage.
The manufacturer gives free pair of Gel Plus insoles with this shoe. It is really a good initiative for them. So keep in mind to get the free service if you purchase them. It is available in all sizes. You can pick the right one for you. It is a great work shoe for a variety of foot conditions. Allowing various foot transition and support, you will lead a painful life. It will help to minimize your foot pain within a certain period of time. For getting relief in your tarsal tunnel pick them.
- Made of leather material and available in huge size and widths
- great work shoe for a variety of foot conditions
- offer optimal support for Arthritis, Diabetes, Flat feet, Plantar fasciitis, and Pronation
- One of the best collections of the Dr. Comfort Dress Collection
- Price is high
- Limited color option
5. Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief shoe
Do you want a shoe that offers a 60-day wear test? It seems impossible for someone. But there is really such an opportunity to enjoy such an offer. This Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief shoe comes with such excellent opportunity. You can use this shoe for 60 days. If you don’t like them at all, you can return them without any cost.
Okay, let’s see the features and functionality of this shoe has. It can offer the best orthopedic solution. It’s lightweight and sturdy sole is quite flexible. The air cushioning system of this shoe is excellent. You don’t have to face sweat. In the working place, having more sweat is very irritated and bothering. In this sense, this shoe is good for working place.
Moreover, it offers a customized fit so that a sufferer doesn’t face any extra burden for getting the perfect fit. But this shoe is a little bit costly. Though it is costly, we think the money will become an investment for you. Besides, it has limited color and design options. You may sacrifice your preferable color if you want a great supportive shoe for the tarsal tunnel.
- Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the best orthopedic support
- Lightweight and air cushioning insole suits for heavy work
- Comes with lightweight ergonomic sole for maximum comfort
- Help to improve comfort and ease the pain on foot and heel
- Offering perfect and customized fit with extra padding
- Insufficient color and design option
6. ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
We pick another shoe from Asics. This popular brand has that much quality to take this place. This ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe is very supportive and capable of heavy energetic workouts. This is made of 100 percent synthetic material. With a rubber shoe, it is an awesome shoe in mobility.
This is an outdoor-ready running shoe. It comes with mesh along with brushstroke-patterned underlays. The Rearfoot GEL cushioning features enhanced comfort. There is a removable sockliner that let us accommodate medical orthotics. The outsole of this shoe is a trail-specific outsole. It features reversed traction lugs.
In critical and high-wear areas, this shoe is excellent. It provides high-level support in a critical transition phase. It will help to reduce your foot pain. It also hinders developing extra pain. Make the first try if you don’t use this yet.
- 100% synthetic shoe with supportive rubber sole
- The shaft is measured approximately low to top inch from arch
- Features Rearfoot GEL cushioning for extra internal comfort
- Removable sockliner help to accommodate medical orthotics
- Trail-specific and AHAR outsole comes with reversed traction lugs
- Sometimes face problem in fitting
- Not good at breathability
7. Vionic Women’s Walker
Basically, Vionic is the name of the brand which doesn’t need to describe. Most of the users know them, trust them and praise them. They have worldwide worth and fame. This Vionic Women’s Walker is a great collection for women. It is specially designed for women keeping in mind the tarsal tunnel.
Vionic Women’s Walker has 100% leather. So, you can realize its softness. The upper is basically a combination of leather or suede upper. There is a removable EVA Footbed. It is covered with textile. Thus it offers great durability.
For your everyday support, this shoe is great. The outsole offers a smooth transition in all phases. It allows perfect grip and traction when are running or moving frequently. The heel and ankle support is optimal. You will get the right amount of support and cushioning while using this excellent shoe.
- Made of leather or suede upper with removable EVA Footbed
- Comes with durable runner outsole for a smooth
- This shoe has received APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) Seal of Acceptance
- Designed for maximum comfort and sturdy support
- brings style and science together with the most running trends
- Not a budget-friendly shoe
- May looks bulky
8. Orthofeet Proven Relief of Foot and Heel Pain
Orthofeet Proven Relief of Foot and Heel Pain are considered as one of the best shoes for tarsal tunnel syndrome. It is a leather shoe along with rubber sole. Besides, you will get a 60-day wear test opportunity. They offer free shipping and return policy for their customer satisfaction. So, you can try this out.
To minimize heel and foot pain this shoe is perfect. But it is not so stylish. If you prefer style rather than quality, then this shoe isn’t for you. It is an excellent shoe for plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel, hammer toes, heel pain, foot pain, etc. Its anatomical arch support is awesome for your balancing.
The sole is very lightweight and supportive. It helps to reduce pain. However, this shoe isn’t very stylish. You may dishearten if you prefer colorful and attractive shoes.
- A comfortable shoe for them who are a foot pain sufferer
- This Orthofeet orthotic shoe offers the best orthopedic solution
- Comes with lightweight and supportive sole to reduce pain
- Features air cushioning premium orthotic insole
- Anatomical arch support enhances the flexibility of movement
- Not so stylish
- May feel heavy a little bit
9. Dr. Scholl’s Sheena Women’s Sandal
Dr. Scholl’s Sheena Women’s Sandal is another good shoe for a tarsal tunnel. With its adjustable ankle strap, it offers customized fitting. And with the hook and loop closure, you can get the loose or tight fit depending on your movement. It has a 2 and a half inch integrated wedge heel. The height is supportive enough.
The insole of this shoe is an anatomically contoured insole. It is soft, cushioned and added extra bounce back. The scored outsole of this shoe is added for extra flexibility. Besides, this shoe features a faux-leather upper. It also ensures comfort. The goring on the inside ankle allows increased flexibility of movement.
However, there are some bad sides to this shoe. It may run small after using some days. And some customers claim that this shoe feels heavy to them. But overall the quality is good enough for removing any foot pain.
- A manmade shoe with supportive and durable rubber sole
- Features adjustable ankle strap for perfect ankle support
- comes with hook and loop closure to offer a perfect fit
- having integrated wedge heel and anatomically contoured insole
- The scored outsole is added for extra flexibility and support
- May feel heavy
- May run small
10. Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoe is the last one we picked for you. But it isn’t the worst on the list. For painful feet, it is a good solution. Offering perfect and customized fit, it provides the right amount of support and comfort. It is available in medium, wide and extra-wide size.
If you have diabetes, arthritis, tarsal tunnel or any other foot problem, this shoe gives you great relief. Its extra foam padding provides premium comfort. For sensitive feet, it delivers the best solution for women.
Featuring a wide toe box and non-binding fit, you can enjoy perfect comfort.
Moreover, it has extra depth design along with removable insoles. But the bad side of this shoe is it isn’t so durable. Though it offers the best orthotic footwear solution, durability may also be a concern. Otherwise, you can enjoy a decent and flexible movement with this shoe.
- Multiple cushioning layer provides soft and pillow-like support
- Help to improve comfort in a different phase
- Offering perfect and customized fit
- Soft and comfortable upper is suitable for sensitive feet
- excellent solution for the sufferers of bunions and hammer toes
- Not for serious injurious foot
- Not that much durable
What To Look for When You Are Selecting The Best Shoes for Tarsal Tunnel
There are some features that are very much associated to get the best shoes for the tarsal tunnel. In this portion of our writing, we describe these features with a short description.
It is very much important to ensure whether the shoe fits comfortably in your feet or not. Another thing is you should be careful about the ease of use of your shoe. If you don’t face any discomfort to put it on and off, then it is good to pick. Moreover, tarsal tunnel people suffer from foot pain. So, comfort is the first concern of them.
The second factor that you should look for is the durability of the shoe. You should pick a long-lasting shoe avoiding any kind of injuries. If your shoe breaks in suddenly, you will get a serious injury. So remember about which material is used for making this shoe.
A proper supportive shoe is good for the tarsal tunnel sufferer. Normally, a shoe is used for extra support and comfort. It gives you the flexibility of moving even you have some pain in your feet. Ankle, arch and heel support are very much crucial for removing tarsal tunnel pain. So, care for this.
The insole is the portion of a shoe which indicates how much comfort and cushioned you get by the shoe. If the insole isn’t that much comfort, you may develop a blister. Certainly, you don’t want to face such kind of situations. Removable and soft, the padded insole is preferable for you.
Along with cushioned insole, a durable and stable outsole is very much necessary when you are choosing shoes for the tarsal tunnel. The shoe must be perfect in stabilization. Your every movement should be stable which keeps you safe and protected. The outsole provides proper traction to reduce friction. But excessive traction isn’t good enough. Rubber or synthetic outsole is good with these qualities. Try to pick a shoe with rubber or synthetic outsole.
The best shoes for tarsal tunnel need some special features and functionality. We are trying our best to find out the best shoes in the market. We do great research and read the customer reviews of every shoe to get a clear idea of each shoe. Read out the whole article to get the right pair of shoes for you. Hopefully, you won’t be disappointed.