As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to this comprehensive guide about the best shoes for servers! Generally, a server walks on the hard tile floors for long hours for his/her job. So, selecting the right shoes for men and women in the food industry is a very crucial decision, no matter you are a server, waiter, or bartender.
Below, we have made a list of the comfortable shoes for servers on the market to help you make the right purchase decision.
- What are The Best Servers Shoes?
- Features of a Good Shoes for Servers?
- Benefits of Servers Shoes
- 10 Best Shoes for Servers 2020
- 1. Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc Pro Grip Slip-Resistant Work Shoe
- 2. Skechers for Work Men’s Elston Relaxed Fit
- 3. Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 2.0 Walking Shoe
- 4. Skechers Men’s Wishaw Food Service Shoe
- 5. MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe
- 6. Skechers for Work Men’s Hobbes Relaxed
- 7. New Balance Men’s 806v1 Work Training Shoe
- 8. Skechers for Work Men’s Flex Advantage Mcallen Food Service Shoe
- 9. Fila Women’s Memory Workshift Slip Resistant Work Shoe
- 10. Skechers for Work Men’s Cottonwood Elks
- Criteria to Use When Shopping Good Shoes for Servers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of 10 Best Server Shoes
What are The Best Servers Shoes?
Typically servers are use sneakers for their work. This type of shoe comes in many colours and sizes. A great pair of shoes helps servers to work without facing any problem for feet.
Another great type of shoe that fits better for the servers’ profession is loafers. These shoes have anatomical insoles that offer better cushioning to the heel and forefoot areas. Additionally, these shoes have anti-skid outsoles that help you decrease the possibilities to slip over oily surfaces that are apparent in restaurants.
Features of a Good Shoes for Servers?
The servers shoes are all having special features which include the following:
- Great forefoot area to give extra mobility to the toe fingers for enhanced balance
- Better cushioned heel and foot curve areas to alleviate the pressure from the ground
- More sophisticated side parts that are giving waterproof abilities to the shoes
- Outsoles are better lugged and give you a perfect grip on any terrain.
- The lightweight design will offer more comfortable use and better breathability.
- Removable insoles can solve the hygiene problems that most of the servers are dealing with
Benefits of Servers Shoes
There are many benefits to choosing a shoe that specially designed for servers. The features of regular shoes and servers shoe aren’t the same.
Firstly, a perfect pair of servers shoes can give more stamina and endurance to last. They will keep you safe and comfortable for long time work.
Moreover, servers are getting benefited by the shoes since they can feel more liberated when wearing them. Not to mention, that many shoes for servers are offering anti-sweat protection, which means that they will not soak their socks in sweat after many hours at work. By wearing the best shoes, your productivity will be improved.
Finally, the server’s shoes are giving them the chance to correct any previous existing foot deformities like supination and pronation, which put physical barriers to their daily activities. Using the right shoes, they can improve their gait and thrive when working as servers.
10 Best Shoes for Servers 2020
1. Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc Pro Grip Slip-Resistant Work Shoe
As the name suggests, this shoe offers the best grip power for different kinds of surfaces. The structure reinforcement features a sure-grip outsole that boasts of assured toughness.
For proper aeration, the maker included a breathable mesh lining. The free flow of air ensures the freshness of your feet throughout the day.
They say when the rubber meets the road, great things happen. Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc rubber sole design withstands wear and tear. You will love the durability that comes with it.
With a 1.5 inch heel, anyone can use this shoe no matter your foot type. For even more comfort, its platform includes a special Merrells air cushion that eases faster movement.
Comfort was another thing in the mind of the manufacturer during the assembly of this shoe. An embedded arch offers more strength to the support structure of this shoe, protecting your feet from falling items.
- It has the best traction.
- Well aerated
- Leathered top
- It is super lightweight
- It is available in two colours only.
- Maximum size is 11 hence no larger sizes
2. Skechers for Work Men’s Elston Relaxed Fit
You already know that Sketchers build their shoes for style. This type does not disappoint in that front; it is classy and appealing. For maximum comfort, they stuffed a padded memory foam. The memory foam material is super lightweight making shoe mobility easier.
At merely 2 pounds, this Sketcher Elston ranks top among other Skechers. When you look at its design, you can’t ignore the trendiness of this shoe too. Large and small feet fit well with this shoe. The range of sizes covers 85% of human feet, making it one of the most tailor-fitting shoes around.
An orthopaedic foam soothes the feet as you stand for extended working hours. This choice ranks as one of the most comfortable server shoes ever.
A reliable return policy lends credibility to this pair of Sketchers. Within 30 days, you can return the shoe, depending on the reason. The main reason for returns relates to non-fitting sizes.
- It has a sturdy outer sole
- It is very stable
- It is very classy
- It is most relaxing to the feet
- You cannot ship it internationally.
- Faster wear and tear noted by some customers
3. Reebok Women’s Work ‘N Cushion 2.0 Walking Shoe
- Leather upper
- Low-cut design
- DMX Ride technology
- Beveled heel construction
Reebok Women is the ladies’ choice of server shoes available in the market. Since 1958, the company has mastered the art of making the most feet friendly shoes.
For waitresses working in busy restaurants, a decision to buy this shoe is a noble one. The unique feature you notice at first look is the bevelled heel construction, which makes motion simple.
With its leather finish, cleaning this shoe is effortless. The leather protects your feet from hot drinks that drip unexpectedly during service. You cannot talk about this shoe without mentioning the DMX technology used at manufacture. Lovers of Reebok attest to the fact that this shoe encourages forward motion.
At the base of this jewel is a rubber sole that lasts long. With rubber construction, you get the best footrest that assures comfort. The design used on this sure is appealing to the environment of a restaurant. Besides, you enjoy the benefits of an anti-slip finish together with the manageable low heel.
The top verdict about this shoe is its hardiness. Its strong arch support makes it flexible for all types of feet.
- It is a durable shoe.
- An impressive design makes it appealing.
- Users love the comfort.
- Available in best fit sizes
- One shortcoming is the limited colour choices.
- Few customers complain about the rigidity of the shoe.
4. Skechers Men’s Wishaw Food Service Shoe
Now, this is another excellent sketcher! As usual, Skechers never disappoint with their superior design. That is what this shoe entails. The black synthetic finish makes it dynamic to wear together with any dress.
How about the memory footbed? The foam used is sturdy and lightweight, as well. The fitting sizes make it admirable by many too. There is also the elegant rubber sole finish. When combined with the memory foam, the comfort you get is magical.
Although the top beams a synthetic class, its waterproof capabilities remain unmatched. And unfortunately, you do not get it in many sizes, only a 7 and 7.5 size. Its anti-slip sole allows maximum grip on oily and soapy surfaces. The feature lets you do your work with assured safety.
Yet again, they considered the aeration in constructing the shoe. When compared to many other types of shoes, this one rates higher on bacterial resilience.
- It is a durable type.
- The comfort is unmatched.
- Its anti-slip feature ensures safety.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is pricier than other types.
- You get it in one colour.
5. MOZO Women’s Mavi Food Service Shoe
- SERVICE SNEAKERS: These sneakers in black leather with Heel counter allow you to work in hectic,...
- WATER RESISTANT: It has a water-resistant full-grain leather upper, 3 hole arch ventilation for...
- CASUAL SHOES: We offer fashionable informal shoes adding chicness! With contemporary, elegant...
- SLIP-RESISTANT: All footwear at Shoes for Crews features effective slip resistance. Our exclusive...
For the best shoes for servers, Mozo gives you an excellent combination of quality and comfort. The shoe designed to help you concentrate on your job without any discomfort.
The overall structure of the shoe is sturdy and withstands high-pressure weights. So regardless of your pounds, this type supports even more than 200 labs.
A rubber sole adds to the comfort of this shoe. To soothe your foot better, they have gel insoles for a perfect fit. The extra cushion further increases the protection of the feet. Mozo uses fine leather to enhance the design and cleaning too. The stitching between the sole and upper surface increases the strength of this shoe.
The shoemaker also considered the diversity of feet sizes by widening the options available. You get this shoe from range sizes beginning from 5 to 11. For enhanced class, the shoe provides the opportunity to use laces or not. An elastic goring allows quick slip on when wearing the shoe. The sole features an anti-slip finish that increases safety. Together with a rubber sole, this shoe leads in traction ability.
- It is comfy
- Appeals to both males and females
- The exterior is waterproof.
- It is well aerated
- There is a need for more colours other than Black and Red.
- It is a little pricey
6. Skechers for Work Men’s Hobbes Relaxed
- Slip-on shoe featuring pinched moccasin toe and easy-on goring inserts at tongue
- Relaxed fit design with memory foam footbed
- Slip-resistant outsole
Anyone who loves a mocassin type of shoes will fall in love with this design. The uniqueness of mocassins is the comfort that comes with it.
Whether you were blessed with a flat or heeled, this moderately heeled Sketcher Hobbes fits well with you. With range sizes starting from 6.5 to 14, you can’t miss your fit.
Like the other sketcher brands, the outsole boasts of anti-slip abilities. The broad base offers additional stability as well. If you love leather, then you will choose the Sketcher Hobbes for your restaurant service. The elegant touch of leather appeals to the restaurant setting.
Since servers work on tight schedules, this mocassin makes wearing a time-saving activity. The elastic goring allows quick slip-on.
A thick sole increases the comfort of your feet too. Additionally, the inbuilt memory foam makes it super lightweight and foot-friendly. The overall structure of this shoe is hardy. It offers real value for your money as it lasts longer than other brands of mocassin.
- It is durable
- It made of a stylish design.
- Being lightweight it is suitable for restaurant setups.
- It is affordable
- The brand does not ship internationally.
- You get it in one colour
7. New Balance Men’s 806v1 Work Training Shoe
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight...
- Breathable Hyposkin upper allows for easy cleaning
- Synthetic/mesh upper
- No-sew overlays for durability
New Balance offers an extensive range of fit sizes ranging from wide comfy to standard sizes. Any server has a 57% chance of finding their fit.
The sporty design makes it adaptive to the restaurant environment. After all, servers double up as day-long athletes. A midsole foam increases deliver a soothing touch for your feet. Besides being an easy to clean material, it is extra light.
With an embedment of a rubber sole, the shoe boasts of durability. Even with continual use, it delivers on its promise of serving you and your customers right. There is no sight of sewing; hence its strength isn’t jeopardized.
For foot hygiene, the shoe is breathable (It’s aerated to allow for air to move in and out freely). The aeration is vital for the freshness of your feet. You don’t want to serve customers in smelly feet, right? Bad for business.
A New Balance logo projects at the tip of the fore sole lending it the desired credibility. The embossed logo differentiates this brand from counterfeits. The manufacturer also uses durable synthetic material in this classic shoe.
With a slip resistant sole, user safety is a priority for the maker. When choosing the best non-slip shoes for servers, be sure to add this brand to your bucket list.
- It’s made of sturdy synthetic material.
- Comfort is their utmost priority.
- It is slip resistant
- Quality is guaranteed
- It does not have toe protection.
- You get it in 2 colours only
8. Skechers for Work Men’s Flex Advantage Mcallen Food Service Shoe
- Slip-on shoe work shoe featuring mesh fabric upper and slip-resistant traction outsole
- Elastic side gores at opening
- Padded collar and reinforced stitched seams. Memory foam insole for cushioning
- For medium fit it maintains medium width in the heel with a roomier toe box. For medium fit it is a...
Once again, this is a top-quality sketcher brand for the best shoes for servers who stand long hours. You get it in all sizes that suit your feet needs.
One outstanding feature is the synthetic sole that thickened for foot protection. A cushioned lining shields the feet from injuries from the shoe covers.
Skechers deliver an ASTM F1677-2005 Mark II tested Slip Resistance technology. On extreme conditions like oil or wetness, Slip Resistance exceeds 40% capability.
Albeit being synthetic, the material used is waterproof. It also repels major stain elements, leaving the material patchless after every cleaning exercise. An elastic goring makes it easy to wear. Additionally, this Sketcher has toe protection that gives room for toe play and breathing.
A 1.25-inch heel increases comfort for wearers. The heel height fits works well for busy waiters, protecting their backs from injury. Skechers Mcallen fit sizes attract diverse feet sizes. Amazon records an 82% fit satisfaction ranging from size 7.5 to 16.
- Multiple fit sizes
- It designed with a sufficient toe room.
- Strong design reinforced with stitched seams
- It uses a slip resistant technology proven to work 40% better
- It lacks colour variety
- Its synthetic material does not match leather ones
9. Fila Women’s Memory Workshift Slip Resistant Work Shoe
- SOLID PERFORMANCE: Durable leather and synthetic overlays to meet your occupational needs
- SUPERIOR TRACTION: Solid rubber slip resistant outsole - though designed to help prevent slips, you...
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Memory foam sockliner and midsole for additional comfort
- RELAXED STYLING: Perforations for breathability and a lace up front closure for relaxed fit
Since 1911 Fila has mastered the game of making quality shoes. Over the years, they have learned the needs of both men and ladies, tailoring products that suit them.
This Fila Workshift features a strong synthetic material. Like other Fila shoes, this one has a rubber sole fitted with anti-slip nodules. For feet dryness, they added a memory foam sock liner. They included an extra midsole for enhanced comfort too.
The stylish design appeals to the eye, making it suitable for restaurant environments. Carefully placed perforations allow the breathability of this brand. A Coolmax fibre triggers a cooling effect on the feet. That addition alone makes the shoe a favourite for servers.
With a carefully designed memory foam, this Fila brand ranks top among the lightweight shoes. Besides that, the shoe is waterproof. Whether your feet are narrow or wide, the fit sizes offered got you covered. You get the shoe from size 5 to 12.
- It is easy to clean
- The design is stylish
- It is breathable
- Its durability is unmatched
- You cannot ship it internationally
- It lacks toe protection
10. Skechers for Work Men’s Cottonwood Elks
This is the ultimate leather design for Sketchers. You will love the class that comes with this shoe. The heel height goes to 1.25 inches, making it quite comfortable for any long-range worker. Low heels also protect back injuries.
With strong memory foam, this shoe offers strong padding for the most relaxed fit. It is also spacious, giving room for toe protection. Like other Sketcher brands, this one passed the ASTM F1677-2005 Mark II test on slip resistance. You can count on Cotton Elks to be the safest shoe under oily conditions.
Fit sizes aren’t a problem with this shoe! You get it from size 7 to 16, at amazon the fit coverage is a whopping 87%. A cushioned insole increases comfort, especially for servers who stand throughout the day. The weight is reasonable for this design, weighing 3 pounds.
- Superior quality
- It is sturdy
- It is very stylish
- It is very comfortable
- It is not suitable for heavy-duty activities
- You cannot ship it outside the US
Criteria to Use When Shopping Good Shoes for Servers
It is never easy to wait at the hotel tables standing. This explains why it is essential that serves to go for shoes that will enable them to remain comfortable and relaxed when attending to hotel customers all day. Here are critical factors one needs to consider whenever they are shopping for the best shoes for servers.
Most of the servers who have got some experience in the hotel industry prefer going for well-fitting shoes over stylish shoes. Ensure the shoes you go for are well-fitting, and the toe box never pinches.
Comfort has a close relationship with the fit. Any well-fitting shoes can be comfortable. Any comfortable shoes are well-fitting. However, comfort levels can also be determined by the materials of construction. The most comfortable server shoes for servers will always have some of the best features. Any comfortable shoes come with great padding on the interior, extra cushioning, insoles with memory foam and thick platforms.
Servers need to have shoes that have excellent grip. The shoes need to be resistant to slip and oily surfaces. This helps in preventing any slips or falls whenever they are serving the customers. One should go for shoes whose treads can offer a perfect grip.
Most hotels will always need their servers to have non slip server shoes. They always recommend for servers to go for black shoes. However, some people prefer the look as they need to look more presentable to their clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Do I Ensure a Proper Fit?
Ensure the football can fit well and comfortably on the shoes’ fullest part. Never go for server shoes that will make you have a tight feeling with the thought that they will come later on the stretch to fit. The heel needs to comfortably fit when you use the smallest amount of force when you are trying to wear the shoes. The shoes need not move up and down whenever you are walking on the heel.
Q. Should I Get Water-Resistant Footwear?
Yes, water-resistant shoes are essential when working as a server.
There are times when you might carry liquid products that can accidentally pour onto the shoes. However, when your boots are waterproof, the liquid will just slide off and will not get into the shoes.
Q. What Are the Best Shoes for Servers?
Several non-slip server shoes considered to be perfect for servers. This has made it challenging for buyers to know the top best. According to our research, the best servers’ shoes are the professional Dansko clog, the classic Alegria clog, and the McAllen Sketchers Flex.
Q. What Should Servers Wear?
You can consider taking a tour to several similar restaurants, checking on what the servers there are wearing. Most servers are always in black dresses, with some being more casual than others. For a professional look, you can go for some button-up shirts, with a black tie and black office shoes. This also applies to women.
List of 10 Best Server Shoes
The choice of shoes matters a lot in fast-paced environments like restaurants. For more productivity and increased quality of service, restaurants should recommend the best server shoes to their staff. There isn’t a short-cut to success in the retail industry; such nitty-gritty details are inevitable.
When shopping for the best shoes for servers, consider the samples in this review. Take a closer look at the pros and cons before deciding on what catches your eye.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.