Running is a part of our everyday life. We are constantly trying to exercise to feel better or lose some extra weight. Most of the use we suffer from heel pain as well. If you want to prevent heel pain, then you must have to wear the best running shoes for heel pain that comfortable and supportive also.
Note: This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
- What Exactly is Heel Pain?
- How to Prevent Heel Pain?
- What to Wear for Heel Pain Problem?
- Benefits of Wearing Best Heel Pain Shoe
- Features of Good Shoes for Heel Pain
- Best Running Shoes for Heel Pain
- 1. Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe
- 2. New Balance Men’s 680v6 Running Shoe
- 3. Hoka Bondi 5 Women Running Shoes
- 4. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Shoes
- 5. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe
- 6. Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Shoes
- 7. Adidas Women’s Ultraboost Running Shoe
- 8. Nike Men Revolution 4 Running Shoe
- 9. Women Ghost 12 Brooks Running Shoe
- 10. PUMA Men 6 FM Tazon Running Shoe
- What to Look for in Running Shoes for Heel Pain
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of 10 Best Running Shoes for Heel Spurs
What Exactly is Heel Pain?
Heel pain is an internal type of irritation that comes from the heel bone and its ligaments. It affects the whole area since it has a close relation to the foot curve. Not to mention that a lot of nerves are passing through that area and can easily aggravate the situation.
The heel pain is getting triggered by external impacts of the heel, which turn they make the joints and ligaments a lot looser. This gives a great painful feeling to the whole footbed that is aggravated by sudden moves and distortions of the feet.
How to Prevent Heel Pain?
Heel pain is not easy to prevent. You need to wear lightweight shoes and always have in mind that rest through exercise is necessary. The best running shoes for heel pain are the ones that give you the chance to make short intervals during training so that you can be able to relax the joints and ligaments of the heel area.
Another critical point is to wear a nice pair of shocks. This will absorb all the pressure coming from the ground and can even ease the heel pain.
What to Wear for Heel Pain Problem?
The heel pain problem requires the best pair of shoes you can get. Regular running shoes are not giving you any extra protection and could aggravate your condition. You need to have specialized sneakers with more cushioning on the heel and foot curve areas where the pain usually starts.
These shoes are also having a more magnificent room for the rest of the feet so that you can feel relaxed any time you are wearing them. The forefoot area is also roomy to give your toe fingers the mobility they ought to have to feel less heel pain.
Benefits of Wearing Best Heel Pain Shoe
The shoes that are compatible with heel pain and may even make it disappear have special benefits for your overall health:
- They improve your gait. When wearing these shoes, you can easily step on your heel while walking and have the normal gait you used to have before the heel pain issues.
- Shoes are protecting you from impacts. Since you feel like walking a lot more than in the past, these shoes offer you higher stability standards and can protect you by avoiding unnecessary injuries happening all the time.
- They can make you feel more fashionable. These shoes can eliminate heel pain and make you look stylish and fashionable.
Features of Good Shoes for Heel Pain
Most of the people wearing the heel pain elimination shoes find some common features on them:
- Softer inner parts. These shoes are equipped with extra cushioning to keep your feet comfortable no matter how hard you exercise.
- Longer upper mesh and tongue. This is to help you stabilize the shoes on your feet.
- Greater lancing system. It secures the shoes on your feet without suppressing the foot arch.
- Lighter and more durable outsole. The outsole can give you enhanced stability and be a lot lighter so that you can get rid of the heel pain.
Best Running Shoes for Heel Pain
1. Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe
- Cloudwave offers a soft stable and lively lightweight feel
- Airmesh upper
- Fit in motion upper for flexible support
- Soft anatomical sockliner for extra arch support and cushioning
Being an upgrade of the Wave Inspire 13, the Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe does not seem like it has moved away from the usual design and did make significant improvements. This shoe makes use of the unique technology and offers its users a smooth, stable, and quick running experience.
The improvements made on the Inspire 14 will offer its users an excellent performance. It does have a great and stylish look and well suited for pronated runners.
These sneakers for heel support with great features like the X10 technology, which ensures excellent traction and durability. It also has a Dynamotion fit that provides protection and comfort. The smooth ride technology users are meant for the fan-shaped plate and toe-off.
Its midsole comes with a cloud wave technology that helps in improving the shoe levels of stability. Its grooves are well modified developing on the shoe traction both on wet and dry surfaces.
- Offers great protection
- Have high traction levels
- It is very durable
- Available in a variety of colors
- Comes with great stability
- Its heels are a bit narrow
- It is not that responsive
2. New Balance Men’s 680v6 Running Shoe
- Synthetic/mesh upper
- Responsive EVA midsole with ABZORB cushioning
- NB Response 2.0 performance insert
New Balance is one of the leading manufacturers of top quality and stable running shoes. Its model, the New Balance Men’s 680v6 Running Shoe, is well known for its great sturdiness and always ready and willing to go for long miles.
With these shoes, one is always guaranteed for excellent support, stability, and cushioning without adding extra weight. It has a durable outsole that is made using carbon rubber, making it a very durable shoe.
With its low price tag, it is difficult to get a feature you will dislike these shoes. These heel support running shoes provides an entirely unique appearance that strays away from the design of the old New Balance look. It uses modern technology that will offer your joint relief pain. It also provides lightweight cushioning and significant improvement on the stride.
- Made using durable outsole carbon rubber
- Has breathable upper mesh material
- Very stable running shoes
- Available in great designs
- Not the best for speed work training
- Its sizing is completely off
3. Hoka Bondi 5 Women Running Shoes
You should never underestimate the power that comes with the Hoka Bondi 5 Women Running Shoes. These shoes offer one of the best balances on your ankle and heel. Most people are said to prefer it as it comes with the best cushion feeling and has a bearable weight. They are the best shoes you can run to whenever you are tired of the heavy shoes as they weigh a mere 9.3 oz.
Despite being lightweight, they are very relaxing and comfortable thanks to its 37 mm cushion at its heel. The padding of the pillow is everywhere in the shoes’ midsole, and it offers the user extra energy. It ensures power is well distributed and transferred to protecting one from feeling pressure at specific points. Using these shoes will enable on improve on their strength as it comes with several cushioning supporting the feet.
These shoes are also supportive, breathable, responsive, and provide one with an excellent and comfortable feeling. It does have a heel cup together with an upper that is well fitted which will ensure your feet is always secure and protects it from any type of injury or debris.
- They are very durable
- Responsive and breathable
- Very relaxing and comfortable
- Has superior cushioning
- Offers great toe-off
- It is slightly expensive
- Not suitable for heavy runners
4. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Shoes
- With stellar cushioning and a more streamlined look, the Brooks® Adrenaline GTS 18 running shoe...
The Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Shoes is considered to be among the best selling Brooks shoes. These best running shoes for heel spurs will offer a total of four width varieties for both genders. One can always get their ideal shoes since there are regular, wide, narrow, and extra wide shoes. It also comes with a padded tongue, which provides one with the feeling of locked feet. The upper mesh offers excellent support together with grand fir for the extensive toes.
Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Shoes comes with guide rails that are in the shoe midsole. The guide rails provide extended stability and feeling and are a perfect feature for runners who frequently suffer from ankle injuries. One will get soft support when they are mildly prone to pronation. The guide rails also help in reducing the shoe weight thereby offers more comfort and better stability. They are among the top running shoes that will provide one with the natural feeling since they are very light, and one will never feel discomfort.
- It is very lightweight
- Can last for a pretty long time
- Very stable and comfortable to run with
- Available in full, narrow, regular and extra-wide sizes
- Comes with guide rails the reduce shoe weight
- Its extra stable features are not suitable for runners with high arches
- Can easily wear out if not taken care of well
5. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry...
- Fluid Ride Midsole: Fluid Ride provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning...
- Fluid Fit Upper: ASICS Fluid Fit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with...
- Heel Clutching System Technology: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates...
Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe is one of the latest and top models from ASICS. Minimal improvements have been made on these shoes, and a good number of ASICS fans will still recognize it. It does have a roomier toe box that several users have previously complained about. The shoes will offer great stability for anyone interested in helping runners maintain a great form during the long haul.
Its comfort and stability feature, however, make this shoe a bit heavy weighing 11.3 oz. Having a heavy shoe is not that bad, although it might slow your speed down. It is not that bright and flashy and can be good or bad depending on the type of person using it.
It does have Dynamic Duomax cushioning feature, gel in the heel, and an Ortholite sockliner that ensures maximum comfort.
- It is made using breathable materials
- Comes with a shock-absorbing feature
- Has a gel in the heel
- Offers great traction
- Provides great stability
- It is costly
- It is heavy
6. Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Shoes
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step in comfort
Under Armour is one of the fastest rising and best running shoes for heel pain brands in the market. The Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Shoes does prove to be one of the best running shoes. It has lots of similarities with the previous Under Armour Micro G versions on the design of the midsole and outsole. However, its upper part has been pared down, making it more supportive and streamlined.
The leather overlay has been reduced, making room for more foam underlayment support. Its overlay mesh also provides a more breathable and adaptable fit.
These athletic shoes for heel pain are considered to be one of the most comfortable and lightweight running shoes in the market. It is affordable and can easily be afforded by people on a tight budget. Although it is not one of the most advanced shoes technologically, it will offer great value from what it delivers.
Its outsole comes well equipped with flex grooves which enable the sneaker to flex and bend whenever you are running. The flex grooves also ensure it is durable and increases it grip.
- The upper part is made using breathable materials
- Very affordable shoes
- Made from lightweight materials
- Available in a variety of designs
- Has a firm rubber outsole
- It feels a bit tight on the feet
- It is slightly small in size
7. Adidas Women’s Ultraboost Running Shoe
- Lace closure
- adidas Primeknit textile upper
- Flexible Stretchweb outsole; Continental Rubber outsole for extraordinary traction in wet and dry...
- Responsive Boost midsole; Stabilising Torsion System
Designed by Stella McCartney, Adidas Women’s Ultraboost Running Shoe was made to naturally expand with the foot size offering one a more comfortable fit whenever they are running. They also help in reducing irritation. These best running shoes for heel pain is well slimmed down and have a low profile look that is accompanied with durable parts made from breathable materials.
Its mid sole was made using polyurethane foam that offers resilient and optimal cushioning. The upper part of the shoes and its collar are well cushioned with the foam that offers it extra comfort. Its entire upper lining is also cushioned, reducing lacing pressure. The boots do have a narrow fit making it a bit uncomfortable for people with wide feet.
- Has a rubber outsole that helps with traction in wet and dry months
- Elastic outsole making the shoes stretchable
- Comes with energy-returning properties
- Offers great comfort
- It is lightweight
- It stains easily
- The outsole rubber wears out quickly
8. Nike Men Revolution 4 Running Shoe
- Mesh upper for optimal breathability.
- Soft foam midsole delivers lightweight, responsive cushioning.
- Rubber outsole offers durable traction
- Underlays in the vamp and toe tip offer support and structure.
Most people do believe that cheap is expensive. However, this is never the case with the Nike Men Revolution 4 Running Shoe. For sure, this is a perfect choice of running shoe for any man. Most people are known to underrate it due to its fair price. These shoes are well-tailored and do perform even better than some of the most expensive running shoes in the market.
It is perfect running shoes with heel support for any beginner and an excellent choice for the occasional runners and kids. It is of great design, and the cushioning is also perfect. It can be used for your daily running together with other activities. It does have great stability and is very supportive.
The shoe outsole is very flexible, enabling one to run more comfortably. It does have a roomy toe box that can accommodate the toes without experiencing any unnecessary friction or squeezing. It does have an excellent grip that will ensure you are always safe and protect you from any sliding.
However, it does have a hard rubber material on the outsole that makes it produce some noise especially when one is running on asphalt or concrete.
- It is a very affordable shoe
- Very stable and durable
- Made from material with excellent breathability
- Has a great arch support
- It is of a comfortable design
- It does have a very narrow toe box
- Does not suit the experienced runners
9. Women Ghost 12 Brooks Running Shoe
Are you looking for the best running shoes for foot pain that are perfect for neutral runners? Then, you have to go for the Women Ghost 12 Brooks Running Shoe. It best fits women, but there is also a model that can be used by men.
It does have a great cushion, which is of great help in everyday training and running sessions. It is a full shoe with a mesh on the upper part that ensures it fits well. It is also available in wide, normal and extra-wide sizes.
Its midsole consists of DNA loft foam that offers support whenever you are running. It also helps in ensuring one does not collapse when under pressure. These running shoes for sore feet are made using lightweight materials, which is the reason behind it being lightweight. Its lightweight nature ensures that no one faces problems whenever he or she is running. It is available in different colors and sizes; hence; one can always get what fits them best.
It is of high quality construction that is seamless and produces a great balance of structure and stretch. Its upper does hug the foot inside in a very moderate box of the toe and offers enough wiggle from the toes.
- It is very durable running shoes
- Available in different colors
- Comes with DNA loft foam that offers comfort
- It is lightweight
- Available in different sizes
- Only full at the toes
- It is a bit costly
10. PUMA Men 6 FM Tazon Running Shoe
- Synthetic leather upper
- Midfoot saddle for maximum fit
Are you in need of the best tennis shoes for heel spurs that are specifically meant for training purposes? Then the PUMA Men 6 FM Tazon Running Shoe should be your best choice. With these shoes, be sure of spending lots of time on the surface. They do have an excellent response for comfort and durability. They are available in a variety of top colors, which will attract most people’s eyes.
One of the most outstanding features in these shoes is the T-toe construction, which comes along with its rubber outsole. Be sure of enjoying a perfect grip when using these shoes. Made from synthetic leather, you do not have to worry about the comfort levels and its durability. It also uses Eco Ortho Lite technology that is paired with the midsole, which ensures it offers optimum fit.
It is made using synthetic fiber that offers it a sleek look and never skimps on breathability. Weighing just 11 oz makes these shoes perfect for athletes and trainers.
- Offers extra amount of comfort
- Comes with a T-toe construction that is great for users
- Has an outsole rubber that provides excellent grip
- Uses Eco Ortho Lite technology
- Very durable running shoes
- Not available in a variety of designs
- It is slightly expensive
What to Look for in Running Shoes for Heel Pain
There are lots of varieties of best running shoes for heel pain currently available in the market. This has made it difficult for shoppers to identify the best walking shoes for them. In this section, we will be looking at some of the essential things one needs to consider when shopping for the best shoes for heel pain in the market.
It is essential that the people who are heel pain use shoes that fit them correctly. However, with lots of pain pressing on the feet bottom and ankles, one needs to do in-depth research, be patient, and understand several personal situations to get the right shoes.
When you are not in a position of getting the laces, you can consider going for the slip-on shoes since they are the best for people suffering from weight issues. These shoes are available in more extensive sizes due to the increased feet width.
People struggling with severe heel pain conditions do have aching and sore feet. Maximum levels of support will, therefore, be required to help in combating the extra weight which is being carried. The levels of comfort do depend on personal preference. There is something that can work for a person and fail to work for another person. Getting the most comfortable walking shoes can take lots of time requires lots of patience and understanding of personal needs.
For decades, heel support running shoe features have remained the same. Some of the feature highlights that have remained the same are that some might need extra features that are not found in other shoes. Motion and stability features are still of great importance. An increase in heel thickness and height increase of the outsole will provide the right balance and support.
Walking shoes for heel pain needs to be very flexible and move in the same direction as the feet. The boots and leather that are rigid and do not have any flexibility degree are known to do more damage to the feet, which are not in excellent condition. Depending on the severity and degree of pain, there can be more foot damage.
Cushioning will offer extra stability and ensures the impact on the feet is well absorbed. The right cushioning amount will help reduce the amount of energy that is moved back to the ankles, knees, and legs. People suffering from heel pain conditions must exercise frequently. Wearing best sneakers for heel spurs that do not have enough cushioning will just but reduce their mobility, thereby making the already worsen health condition more severe.
One needs to go for the right size of walking shoes for heel pain persons. Getting the wrong size will just make the wearer more uncomfortable to the already swollen, aching, and sore feet. The best advice is for one to seek professional help when not sure of the support.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are the Best Shoes for Heel Pain?
Here is the list of the best shoes for heel pain: Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe, New Balance Men’s 680v6 Running Shoe, ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe, Under Armour Micro G Assert 7 Shoes, Women Ghost 12 Brooks Running Shoe.
2. Why Do My Heels Hurt After Running?
Despite running being a prevalent exercise, it can easily cause the heels to hurt. In most cases, pain from the heel that comes after running is usually related to structural issues, wrong movement pattern plantar fasciitis. There are times when heel pain can occur alone or can be caused by some underlying diseases, which can lead to arthritis, Reiter disease, etc.
3. What Is the Fastest Way to Heal a Heel Spur?
You can quickly treat heel spur by using measures that will help in reducing any associated re-injury or inflammation. You can consider using ice that will help in reducing inflammation and pain. Another option is to use medications like ibuprofen, naproxen, or cortisone injection.
Another trick is by using shoe inserts or orthotic devices that help in taking off pressure plantar spurs.
4. What Kind of Shoe Is Best for Heel Spurs?
In case you are suffering from heel spurs, then the best type of shoe are the ones that will provide you with lots of support in heel and arch areas. It needs to be adequately cushioned and needs to have a hard sole that has a rocker button, which will help in ensuring a perfect position for the foot and gait cycle.
List of 10 Best Running Shoes for Heel Spurs
However, they need to invest in the best running shoes for heel pain that will provide maximum comfort and protection to their feet. Getting the right walking shoes will increase their chances of getting the best results.
Reviewed above are the top 10 running shoes for heel pain people currently available in the market. Ensure you do take your time and analyze them before making a decision on which shoes to buy. One great thing about all the ten shoes is that they are of excellent design and have features that will ensure smooth movement.