As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Many people in the world are today suffering from the ball of foot pain. There is no specific reason why this happens, but scientists believe it’s because of the wrong type of shoes worn. The best running shoes for ball of foot pain can give you enhanced abilities to do your daily work.
- Table of Best Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- What Exactly is a Ball of Foot Pain?
- What to Look for When Choosing Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- Features of Perfect Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain?
- Benefits of Good Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- Best Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
- 1. New Balance Men’s 990v5 Sneaker
- 2. ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes
- 3. Saucony Men’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
- 4. Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Qt Racer Running Shoe
- 5. Brooks Men’s Ghost 12 Running Shoe
- 6. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Cavu Running Shoe
- 7. Nike Women’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe
- 8. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 4 Walking Shoe
- 9. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes
- 10. Feetmat Womens Sneakers Athletic Running Shoes
- Choosing the Best Running Shoes for Forefoot Pain
- Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Best Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
There is no magical potion to drink and heal up from the ball of foot pain. However, with the right shoes, you can always hope that your pain syndromes are going to get away sooner than ever before. Not to mention that the right shoes are always improving your overall health.
For your job you can read our detailed review of the most comfortable work boots.
What Exactly is a Ball of Foot Pain?
The ball of foot pain is well-known as metatarsalgia condition, which is a common disease of the metatarsal bones. Located on the top of the foot arch, these bones, joints, and ligaments are accepting all the weight of your body when moving.
They are also supposed to support your natural foot anatomy and can be easily torn down or fractured during various impacts. The ball of foot pain is a type of annoyance triggering from the tip of the foot and usually coming upwards to make you feel worst during the day. It may severely limit your mobility and reduce your quality of life level.
What to Look for When Choosing Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
When choosing for the best running shoes for ball of foot pain, you have to check on specific things:
- Lightweight design. The shoes are supposed to be lightweight to give you more comfort when wearing them.
- Extra cushioning. This should include the metatarsals area where the pain begins.
- Sockliner that can adjust orthotics. This is basic for people suffering from feet deformities.
- Extra durable outsole. A major thing to check on new shoes. The outsoles increase your friction to the ground and advance your grip and traction on watery terrains.
Features of Perfect Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain?
The perfect running shoes for ball of foot pain are also having special features like:
- Waterproof abilities. The outer layers should be a physical barrier to the external water.
- Anti-bacterial insoles. You should be able to remove the insoles and wash them easily.
- Perfect fit. This is extremely important for people with lots of pain.
- Style. These shoes could be worn in leisure activities as well.
Benefits of Good Running Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
The running shoes for the ball of foot pain are giving you extra benefits every time you decide to wear them. First, they give you a natural gait that is most of the time abolished in people who experience painful syndromes.
Then, they also help you to successfully complete all the daily activities you may have and always keep you pain-free. Finally, these shoes are there to support your body balance and give more room to the forefoot area so that you can stand or run for longer periods of time.
Best Shoes for Ball of Foot Pain
1. New Balance Men’s 990v5 Sneaker
“New Balance” is a famous and well-known company. This is an American multinational company. It has many shoe collection and 990v5 is one of them. This is a leather-based product and has a strong textile to make this. The rubber sole is much better than others with non-slip. The design is very attractive with its matured color combination.
The measurement of the shaft is nearly low-top from arch. The collar foam is a dual-density type (12 mm drop). 12 mm drop are approximated for all references and this is created during the manufacturing process. This product can be used for traveling, sporting or any kind of heavy use.
These best shoes for ball of foot pain are more durable for its ENCAP midsole technology and also provides more flexibility. The wind passes through the shoe and has a breathable mesh with reflective accents. The rubber outsole is blown and an amazing gripping process gives a comfortable movement to anywhere.
- Leather and Textile base product and have a strong rubber sole
- This product Made in the USA
- Shaft measurement almost low-top from arch
- More attractive design with the better gripping outsole and very comfortable to use
- ENCAP midsole technology gives more support and maximum durability
- Not suitable for heavy use
- Wind doesn’t pass frankly
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker, built with a pigskin and mesh upper in a classic...
- Impressive Fit: The modern upper on these fitness shoes is made of no-sew engineered mesh, creating...
- Durability and Comfort: Featuring a strong rubber outsole for durability and a molded footbed for...
- Designed for All-Day Wear: This New Balance sneaker is truly a premium underfoot comfort experience,...
2. ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes
“ASICS” is a Japanese multinational footwear and sports equipment company. The founder of this company- name Kihachiro Onitsuka. This company made both men and women products and Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoe is one of them.
This is specially made for women. The fabric and the textile of Venture 7 are manmade. This product is imported and the rubber sole is more strong and durable. It has various colors to choose from. The color combination is more attractive than other products. Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning is used to prevent the cushioning and also allows for a smooth transition.
It can be used for traveling, sport, rough use and also for heavy uses. The rubber sole gripped strongly and maintain the tension.
- Fully imported and more durable product
- Artificial or manmade fabric use and much better textile
- Rubber sole and better grip of the outside pad
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system used and wind passes through the shoe easily
- Use for traveling, school or daily purposes
- Not an attractive design
- Color edition limited
- Trail Specific Outsole -Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole -Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for...
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system -Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a...
- Removable Sockliner -A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
3. Saucony Men’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
This is a well-known shoe company. The company specially make racing shoes and making track spikes. This company also makes the products of the athletic field. Saucony Men’ Cohesion Shoe is also a well-known and dependable shoe.
The mesh is 100% in this product. The rubber sole is very attractive and durable. It can be used for travel, daily purposes, sport or athletic workout. It has a different color variation with a different pattern. GRID and injection Molded EVA technology are used for making the product more durable and flexible.
The wind passes through the shoe very easily which makes the foot sweat-free.
- 100% Mesh and imported item
- Amazing design with different color variation
- The rubber sole is so durable and long-lasting
- GRID and Injection Molded EVA used for this product which makes it more durable and flexible to use
- Special for traveling or long walking
- The insole is too firm
- Fittings may vary
- GRID, Injection Molded EVA,
4. Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Qt Racer Running Shoe
Adidas is a worldwide famous company. It makes different types of footwear products and Women’s Cloudfoam QT Racer running shoe is one of the best products of them.
This is a 100% knit textile-based product and the rubber sole is extremely flexible and durable. It is attached to the textile by glue which is very strong. Shaft measurement is almost low-top from arch. This is special for women for the sake of its attractive color arrangement. This is an imported product.
It can be used for traveling, sports or athletic purposes. It also can be used for professional athletes and to any individuals who want to capable in sports part of their life.
- Special for women and 100% Knit Textile product
- Shaft measurement almost low-top from arch
- Also special for sports or traveling
- Very comfortable to use and wind pass through the shoe frankly
- Also useful for professional athletics or any individual for its relentless pursuit of innovation
- Sole peeling off sometimes
- Only women collection
- Knit textile upper
- Women's-specific fit
- Lightweight feel
- Mesh upper for breathability
5. Brooks Men’s Ghost 12 Running Shoe
Brooks Men’s Ghost is also a qualified shoe which specially made for men. This is an imported product and its rubber sole is very flexible and durable. Normally runners are searching for a lightweight shoe and this is one of the best lightweight shoes.
This is completely cushioning free and better for a smooth ride. The support type is neutral which gives the high energizing cushioning. The ancestor of Ghost 12 is Ghost 11. This is granted for cross-training, running or gym, etc.
BioMogo DNA and DNA Loft cushioning are work together for increasing the softness and durability. The segmented crash pad maintains an integrated system that cushions every step and wherever foot lands. It also maintains stride for sleek heel-to-toe transition. This product is 100% mesh and the structure is widely fitted on foot. This also can be used for the daily purpose of life or heavy uses
- NA, imported and rubber sole based
- A lightweight shoe and a smooth ride without any cushioning
- Neutral support gives high activate cushioning
- Balanced and soft cushioning because of BioMoGo and LOFT DNA work together
- More attractive design formation
- Not for rough use
- More hampered when using in water
6. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Cavu Running Shoe
Hoka is a well-known footwear company. Hoka one women’s cavu is specially made for women uses. The design of this manufacture is more attractive than other shoes.
The textile is synthetic or artificial based and the fabric is also synthetic-mesh type. The seamless mesh gives excellent breathability. The wind can pass easily through the shoe which makes the foot comfier. The adjustability for the shoe is full lace-up. The color combination is more enchanting to look with great collar padding. Mainly the lining of textiles is moisture-wicking.
There is a great use for running and cross-training for this shoe. This product can be also used for sports, travel or heavy works.
- Artificial or synthetic-mesh types of fabric
- Special for running, cross-training and also traveling
- Easily pass the wind through the shoe to feel better
- Lace-up adjustability with moderate tongue and collar padding
- Attractive design combination with moisture-wicking textile linings
- The risk to palp on heat or fire
- Not suitable for heavy uses
7. Nike Women’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe
Nike is a worldwide known and dependable footwear company. Women’s Revolution 4 Running shoe is the best production of Nike. The design combination is very attractive.
These best shoes for ball of foot pain are 100% Leather and synthetic based products. This is imported and its rubber sole is highly strong and durable. The shaft measurement is low-top from arch approximately. The runner can easily bear this because of its lightweight combination. Here used single-layer mesh because of breathability. Wind can pass very easily through this shoe.
Overlays can’t be seen along the midfoot and this makes the shoe more durable. The structure of this shoe with underlays in the toe tip while the cushioned heel collar. Here use soft injected Phylon foam for lightweight. It provides traction, cushioning and durability for your runs.
- 100% Leather, synthetic and imported items with great rubber sole
- Shaft measurement nearly low-top from arch
- Women’s Nike shoes are very lightweight and single-layer mesh for breathability
- Shoes are more durable and long-lasting capability
- The midsole is very soft for using soft injected Phylon foam and good response for cushioning
- Sometimes sides bulge out
- Color combination is not so attractive
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE: Women's Nike shoes are made of lightweight, single-layer mesh for breathability....
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: Women's shoes offer support and structure with underlays in the vamp and toe tip...
- SOFT FOAM MIDSOLE: Nike Revolution 4 women's athletic shoes are built with soft injected Phylon (IP)...
- RUBBER OUTSOLE: Full-length rubber outsole on this Nike running shoe provides traction, durability...
8. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 4 Walking Shoe
Men’s Go walk 4 of Skechers specially made for walking purposes. This product is 100% mesh and imported.
Design is more attractive and has a great color combination of this shoe. The rubber sole is more flexible and durable. This radically a lightweight shoe and the midfoot design is improved arch support (side S logo). The features of this product are innovative.
Here Bamboo lined footbed is used to control anti-bacterial odor and more reliable to use. This product is highly responsive to 5GEN midsole cushioning.
- Fundamentally lightweight, imported and 100% mesh shoes
- This is rubber sole based
- Midfoot design is tapering for improving arch support
- Anti-bacterial odor controlled by the bamboo-lined footbed
- This is an innovative design and responsive to 5GEN midsole cushioning
- Color combination is not so good
- Not useful for daily purposes
- Every day is a choice. Choose greatness with the Skechers GOwalk 4 - Incredible. Features innovative...
- UPPER: Mesh upper engineered to naturally expand with your foot while you walk. Nearly seamless...
- MIDSOLE CUSHION: Tapering midfoot design for improved arch support. INSOLE CUSHION: New Skechers...
- OUTSOLE: Goga Pillars on outsole evolved into a more streamlined design
9. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes
Gel-Venture 7 trail running shoes is an ASICS’s product. This specially made for men’s purposes. The fabric of this shoe is manmade and the textile is combined with it. Almost all collection is imported and its color variation is remarkable and also attractive.
In this kind of item ortholite X-40 Sockliner trademark technology used for higher rebound properties and it gives an amazing moisture measurement. The breathability is very high and this is also maintained by Ortholite trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.
It can be used for traveling, school, sports, running and also for daily uses. The athletes can also use these types of shoes.
- Manmade textile and better fabric with rubber sole
- The excellent color combination and fully imported
- Attractive design with more durability and flexibility
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner property is used
- Moisture management is very good and high-level of breathability
- Budget range is not friendly
- Sometimes sides bulge out
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a...
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing...
10. Feetmat Womens Sneakers Athletic Running Shoes
This kind of shoe is fabric sole based and this is also breathable mesh types. The wind can be easily pass through the shoe and feel free the foot. This is an ultra-lightweight product and most of the buyers bought for this great advantage.
This is also more comfortable to use and helps to reduce irritation. The shoe has a non-slip rubber sole which is very flexible and durable. This is also very soft and it can be bent freely which adapting to the ground for stability. Soft stretch knit and straps provide flexibility for any workout which makes the feet more healthy and also no smelly and stuffy.
This is a fashionable women collection with safe environmental protection material. This can be used for walking, casual, indoor, sports, travel or exercise.
- Fabric type sole and clean shape of the design
- Reduce the irritation and comfortable to use
- Lightweight and breathable mesh used for upper sport shoes
- The rubber sole is bent freely and also non-slip with high elasticity
- Stretch knit and straps provide more style and flexibility for any workout
- Limited color edition
- Not for heavy use
Choosing the Best Running Shoes for Forefoot Pain
The best running shoes for ball of foot pain should be very durable and rigid. As runners have to be very speedy and energetic, a durable shoe is very important to improve their performance and comfort. The most common thing of a runner is a pain in the ball of the foot. And for minimizing your foot pain, the shoe should be very strong and supportive. The material of the shoe indicates how much supportive and durable it is. That’s why you need to look for a durable material like rubber outsole, textile upper, synthetic upper.
Sole is another consideration for getting the best running shoes of ball of foot pain. The sole design makes a shoe rigid and strong. Insole and outsole design are included in insole design. Most of the time, people choose thicker and supportive sole. The sole which offers plenty of shock absorption is also preferable. So, pick a shoe with a proper cushion and comfortable sole.
The weight of a shoe gets more important when you are looking for the best running shoes for metatarsalgia. As the pain in the ball of the foot, metatarsalgia gives discomfort and irritation, your shoe should be comfortable. And the heavy shoe is not so comfortable. More weight of a shoe makes a person more irritated to walk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Can You Do About Pain in the Ball of Your Foot?
Ans: There is some specific exercise that can help you to minimize your pain in the ball of your foot. At the same time, you should be very careful in your regular activities and food habits also. Wearing some support also gives you relief.
Q: Why Is the Ball of My Foot so Painful?
Ans: Basically, there are lots of reasons that cause pain in the ball of your foot. Sometimes, it may occur for your heavy workout or wrong exercise. Sometimes, it may develop for your body structure. First of all, you need to consult a doctor to know the real reason for your pain.
Q: How Do You Get Rid of Metatarsalgia?
Ans: You can get rid of metatarsalgia by doing some regular care. You can use ice on the affected area. You should wear proper shoes. Furthermore, you can use metatarsal pads along with arch supports.
Q: Does Metatarsalgia Ever Go Away?
Ans: To be very honest, it is infrequent to see that metatarsalgia goes away forever. But it can be minimized. By doing some regular exercise and activities, you can minimize your pain. And if you are lucky enough, your pain may go away forever.
Ball of Foot Pain is not something that anyone wants to live with. This pain may cause your discomfort all day long. It is very important to choose the best running shoes for ball of foot pain to stay comfortable without any issue.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.