As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A more significant part of the correctional officers is well aware of the difficulty of their job. They are all looking for the best correctional officer boots since they all need some extra protection for their feet while being in a dangerous working environment.
- Table of Best Boots for Correctional Officers
- What to Look for Before Buying Best Correctional Officer Boots
- Why You Need a Good Pair of Correctional Officer Boots?
- How to Clean Correctional Officer Boots?
- Benefits of Best Correctional Officer Boots
- Best Correctional Officer Boots
- 1. Men’s Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex Boots
- 2. Men’s Danner Acadia 8″ Boot
- 3. Men’s 5.11 Tactical ATAC Military Coyote Boots
- 4. Men’s Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Boots
- 5. Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS Military boot
- 6. Belleville TR960ZWP KHYBER Boots
- 7. Men’s Thorogood Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex Shoe
- 8. Men’s S.W.A.T. Classic 9″ Side Zip Boots
- 9. Men’s Bates 8’’ Tactical Sport Side Zip Boots
- 10. Men’s Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot
- Criteria to Buy Correctional Officer Boots
- Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Best Boots for Correctional Officers
Correctional officers require protecting their feet from mild or severe impacts while working. They need to be swift in case of a prison break where they have to chase the prisoners. On the other hand, their boots should be well shaped and soft enough to keep them comfortable during their long shifts.
What to Look for Before Buying Best Correctional Officer Boots
The right boots for the case of the correctional officers are the ones with the steel toe on the forefoot. The same as the construction workers, officers are supposed to protect their toe fingers, having some boots that contain a steel toe to bar the possibility of getting injured during impacts at work. Wearing the right boot for Correctional Officer, as well as your unique arch type, will significantly reduce the risk of injury and pain.
Additionally, the officers should give more importance to the outsole area of their boots. This is because they would sometime need to step on slippery surfaces, and they need all the traction and grip they can get. The more lugs being on the outsole, the better are the chances to step out of there intact.
Why You Need a Good Pair of Correctional Officer Boots?
You need to get yourself protected, buying a good pair of correctional boots. This is because you always have the right to the best treatment while being at work.
The best boots are giving you more protection to the heel and foot curve areas as well and give you more stamina to make it through the day when standing or walking around the isles.
Finally, you deserve the best correctional officer boots to look stylish when working. You can even wear those boots for leisure and feel great as well.
How to Clean Correctional Officer Boots?
Modern boots are really easy to clean up. First, you need to take a piece of smooth and soft cloth and soak it in water with mild soap detergent. Then you can easily wash the external parts of the boots performing small reciprocal movements from the side to the top of the boots.
Under no circumstances should you place the correctional boots in the washing machine since the sensitive insole area may be damaged for good.
You can repeat this procedure every once in a while to ensure that dirt and mud aren’t going to accumulate on the surface of your boots for a long time. Then you may enjoy your clean boots for a more significant period.
Benefits of Best Correctional Officer Boots
The best correctional officer boots are having lots of benefits for the user:
- Comfortable use makes you suitable at work
- Safety from the steel toe area as well as the secure lock lacing system
- Anti-grip abilities that can save your life when passing over slippery areas
- Perfect aerodynamic capabilities require less effort to move around
- Can adjust any type of orthotics to help you
As you may have realized, there are many benefits associated with the use of the best correctional officer boots.
Best Correctional Officer Boots
1. Men’s Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex Boots
The Men’s Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex Boots is one of the correction officer boots currently available in the market. Measuring 12 by 12 by 6 inches and weighing less than 5 pounds, these boots are considered to be very light tactical boots in the market.
This boots consist of a durable outsole, leather, and breathable Gore-Tex technology. It is also available in a midnight black color. Its outsole is made up of deep lugs offering excellent grip, great protection from elements and is of superior flexibility. These boots comprise of ballistic nylon while the upper is made up of leather. The outsole is made using a very long lasting athletic cement construction.
The boots has a small zipper which tucks in well inside the Velcro tab completely doing away with any chance of getting stuck.
- Comes with a very convenient nylon zipper
- Made up of an athletic cement construction
- A very flexible with a completely non slip grip
- Ballistic nylon that is completely breathable
- There is no protective lip extending to the toe area
- Can take up to a week breaking in
- Waterproof leather and nylon upper
- EVA midsole
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
- Cement construction
2. Men’s Danner Acadia 8″ Boot
Danner is a well known brand with a long history of making top boots in the market. It’s Men’s Danner Acadia 8″ Boot is considered to be among the best boots for corrections officers as it is highly rated by most of its previous customers.
This boots is of advanced design and was made using a mixture of synthetic uppers which not only made the boots lightweight but very durable.
The boots come with a footbed of open cell polyurethane that allows undisrupted flow of air which ensures the feet is kept comfortable from the sand at the desert. The outsole of these shoes offers a great non slip ensuring exceptional contact on the surface. The upper is made using 100% waterproof materials.
- Comes with a three layer comfort system
- Comprises of very durable hardware that offers a secure and good fit
- Has a nylon shank that ensures ankles have great support
- Upper is made using 100% waterproof materials
- Allows undisrupted flow of air
- The toe area gets wet in the rain
- Quite expensive
- Danner's famous stitch down construction 8" of support and durability Stable underfoot platform...
- Shank is made of Fiberglass and Non-Insulated. The product has plain toe protection
3. Men’s 5.11 Tactical ATAC Military Coyote Boots
Are you in need of superior military boots that is ideal for both tropical and hot climates? Then think of non other than the Men’s 5.11 Tactical ATAC Military Coyote Boots. These boots were made and developed by 5.11 Tactical which is a top and popular tactical gear manufacturer in the world.
Made using rugged and durable nylon of 1200D Cordura, these shoes use suede which ensures one can wear it for a longer period of time. The boots also offer extra ankle support thanks to its capable of maneuvering in the hardest earth terrain.
The Men’s 5.11 Tactical ATAC Military Coyote Boots also ensures one’s feet are always comfortable whenever he is on active duty or patrol. Its ankle padding is well perforated with a moisture-wicking lining and anti bacterial that adds to the overall comfort level of the shoes.
- Comes with a multi direction midsole which allows for great traction
- Comes with a complete grain leather toe
- Has a covert pocket
- Offers extra ankle support
- Ankle padding is well perforated
- The arch support is very high
- The upper sole can start peeling away after a few months
4. Men’s Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Boots
Smith & Wesson is a top military boot maker which has been known for coming up with sophisticated gears and firearms that are highly crafted worldwide. This company is quickly setting a new record in the footwear industry. The company has set a completely new standard in price, durability, and construction.
This correction officer boots comprise of tough nylon construction that helps in offering complete protection despite the type of weather. It also comes with a completely unique gusseted tongue styling which ensures debris and dirt are always kept out which the users are always comfortable.
The Men’s Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Boots midsole is made of lightweight and advanced EVA material that ensures your feet get the level of comfort they need. By use of a steel shank of extra support and board tested construction that offers an improved tensional rigidity, high comfort levels will be maintained.
- Midsole is lightweight
- Made using tough nylon construction
- Comes with a completely unique gusseted tongue styling
- High levels of comfort
- Insole is custom designed for a perfect fit
- Its leather can easily crack
- The sole wears out fast
- SMITH & WESSON - Known for outstanding quality and attention to fine detail. We're proud to...
- TOUGH - The leather and nylon construction is made to provide full protection without compromising...
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY - An EVA Midsole gives lightweight comfort and cradled support, and for added...
- SLIP RESISTANCE - The rubber outsole is engineered to minimize traction loss with an innovative...
5. Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS Military boot
Are you shopping for a top tactical boot that has been built to last and is of stylish design? The Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS Military boot is your perfect choice. These boots if made of sleek design and comes with a lightweight and comfortable feel. It comes with great support, durability, and construction that best fits the definition of a boot.
Most people are said to prefer using the Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS Military boot as it comes with threads that are slip resistant making them suitable for use on any type of surface. The users of these boots will always remain upright from the icy sidewalks to the slick roads.
These Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS Military boot sock liner comes with a plush memory that fits well on the feet providing excellent comfort. These boots also has a Micro G insert which ensures extra support.
- Comes with a slip resistant sole
- Consist of a plush memory foam liner
- They have a Micro G insert which ensures extra support
- Comes with a lightweight and comfortable feel
- Made of sleek design
- Its sole wears out after some time
- A bit costly
- UA ClutchFit technology wraps your ankle with a lightweight "second skin" for powerful support &...
- Synthetic leather & textile upper with welded, abrasion-resistant film around the perimeter of the...
- Full-length Micro G foam turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- Lightweight TPU shank for mid-foot support & the right amount of rigidity
6. Belleville TR960ZWP KHYBER Boots
The Belleville TR960ZWP KHYBER Boots was made to last. These boots does feature ankle support that are well made and functions well supporting your heels and ensuring you are always stable despite the terrain type. The boots are made using top quality leather that are made to last.
They have been made using nylon fabric that is popular for its super comfortable and durable nature. The fabric used is known as Gore-Tex fabric and is 100% waterproof. The midsole are made using EVA foam and is perfect in the absorption of shock whenever one is walking or running. It helps in ensuring the tendons and muscles are always in top condition after hiking, walking and running for long hours.
The Belleville TR960ZWP KHYBER Boots do come with great arch support which is one of the most important things you will need if you will be using the shoes for long hours. With these shoes, do expect little or no pain at all.
- Its outsole is made of anti slip material
- Made using Gore-Tex fabric and is 100% waterproof
- Come with great arch support
- Made using top quality leather
- Midsole are made using EVA foam
- Tight on the toe area
- Slightly expensive
7. Men’s Thorogood Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex Shoe
The Men’s Thorogood Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex Shoe is another top quality boots in the market. The boots are made using top quality materials. The outer layer of these shoes is made using black oil-tanned leather. It also comes with up to 16 eyelet closure which is accompanied by a side zipper which makes removing and wearing on the boots easy and fast.
The shoe shaft measures 8 ½ inches offers great support. It comes with a removable footbed that has EVA cushioning making the boots very flexible to conform to the wearers’ movement by offering comfort and support.
These shoes also comprise of a rubber sole that are slip resistant and nonmarking. With these features, the boots can be used on any type of terrain.
- Comes with a shock-absorbing sole
- The midsoles is EVA cushioned
- Has a side zipper making it easy to access
- Slip resistant and nonmarking rubber sole
- Very comfortable to use for long hours
- Getting the right size can be a bit difficult
- Not that durable
- DUAL-DENSITY RUBBER OUTSOLES flexes better than other tactical work boot outsoles, absorbing impacts...
- COMPOSITE SHANK CONSTRUCTION gives these officer boots the flex and strength needed to maintain...
- REMOVABLE SINGLE-DENSITY POLYURETHANE FOOTBED for durable and comfortable law enforcement boots that...
- HIGH-SHINE POLISHABLE TOE CAP AND HEEL COUNTER leather boots in Black Walnut color (834-6888) -...
8. Men’s S.W.A.T. Classic 9″ Side Zip Boots
The Men’s S.W.A.T. Classic 9″ Side Zip Boots is among the correction officer boots in the market. These boots are made of sleek design and does come with a side zipper which makes it pretty easy to slip in case of an emergency. Made using lightweight materials makes them suitable for long hour wearing without making one feel fatigued.
Most people do prefer using the Men’s S.W.A.T. Classic 9″ Side Zip Boots as they come with military personal and emergency needs. Apart from their lightweight construction and size zipper, these shoes do have soles that are slip resistant and offers one the required traction to ensure they stay upright always.
The boots are very comfortable and using them will help prevent your feet from any form for swelling. They do use air cell technology which takes absorption of a shock to a completely new level and helps in reducing the joints from wearing out. They do have a sleek back exterior that ensures one feels good.
- Made of sleek design
- Made using lightweight materials
- Very comfortable and
- Use air cell technology that enhances shock absorption
- Sleek back exterior that ensures one feels good.
- Zipper easily wears out
- Not that durable
- YKK side-zipper for easy on and off fit with hook and loop closure
- Steel shank for superior support
- Foam padded collar and tongue for protection and increased breathability
- Full grain leather / 1000 denier nylon upper for improved durability and comfort
9. Men’s Bates 8’’ Tactical Sport Side Zip Boots
The Men’s Bates 8’’ Tactical Boots are top quality correctional officer boots that are made using mesh, nylong, ballistic and leather. These materials help in providing the boots with a solid build and tactical solution.
These best corrections boots come with DRYGuard technology which ensures the boots are well sealed hence allowing for no water to get through the outer membrane. They are also made using breathable materials which ensure they make the feet cool and fresh for a longer period.
Most people do like using the Men’s Bates 8’’ Tactical Sport Side Zip Boots since they come with side zippers that make them easy to put on and off. You can be in these boots all day long as they are very comfortable.
- Slip resistant
- The outsole rubber is lightweight
- Made using high grade materials
- Made using breathable materials
- Easy to put on and off
- Not that durable
- Quite expensive
- Lightweight Cushioned EVA midsole
- Durable leather & performance nylon upper
- Moisture wicking mesh lining
- All day comfort with removable insert
10. Men’s Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot
The Men’s Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot is a top military boot that is well built almost to perfection. The boot uses some of the latest technology that helps in keeping the feet comfortable and dry.
All the Men’s Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot features work pretty well since they can be used as tactical, military and rocking boots. The majority of armed forces members who perform hikes in the wilderness do love using these boots.
These best boots for corrections are well designed and are lightweight which enables them off great mobility in case there is any hostile attack. This is one pair of boots that is uniform compliant and comes with camouflage operational pattern variations.
- Construction material is water-resistant
- Made using lightweight materials
- Built to perfection
- Uses the latest technology
- Helps in keeping the feet dry and comfortable
- A bit tight on the toes
- The soles wear out fast
- Approved For Wear With All Applicable OCP Variations
- Uniform Compliant (DA Pam 670-1 Date 1 JUL 15)
- Flash- and Water-Resistant Leather
- Wicking Dri-Lex Lining and Stretch Lycra Tongues Hug Feet For Secure Fit
Criteria to Buy Correctional Officer Boots
The different variety of correction officer boots in the market has made it difficult for buyers to identify the best boots in the market. Below are some of the important factors one needs to consider when shopping for the best Correctional Officer Boots.
The Correctional Officer Boots are usually used in rugged surfaces. It is therefore important that they are made of sturdy materials which can remain in good condition for quite a long time. The boots you go for needs to be durable so that they can effectively handle the barren, extreme and inhospitable conditions.
You need to check the quality of the boots before you make any purchase. The boots quality is always visible. For example, the rucking boots are made using either cement, seamless or goodyear welting. However, goodyear welting is the most sturdy piece of material that can be used in making boots.
Injured, aching, tired or uncomfortable feet will make your entire body fatigued and paining. When performing hiking exercises with a paining body is never possible. Ensure that you only go for boots which you are comfortable in using and come with removable inner linings.
Never go for boots that have improper ventilation as it can lead to more serious food conditions. For example, excessive sweating can easily lead to infections like athletes foot. When performing walks or marches, heat can build inside the boots when ventilation is not okay. Ensure the boots you go for are well ventilated as it will help in controlling the odor of your foot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Kind of Shoes Do Correctional Officers Wear?
The best type of shoes is the ones that are very durable, have great ventilation and made using strong materials.
Q. What Are the Most Comfortable Police Boots?
The Most comfortable police boots currently available in the market are Smith & Wesson boots, Men’s Under Armour, Valsetz RTS boots and the Men’s Rocky C4T Tactical Boot
Q. How Do You Make Police Boots Shiny?
First, you need to apply a layer of thick polish in circular and small motions using a soft piece of cloth.
Thereafter, you can allow the base coat to dry for a period of 15 minutes. You can then brush the booths well with dry and clean cotton.
Q. Are Bates Boots Comfortable?
Yes, they are very comfortable, easy to wear and remove and lightweight. They will never hurt your feet.
Q. What Are the Best Boots for Corrections Officers?
Some of the top best corrections offices shoes one needs to wear are the Men’s Under Armour Valsetz RTS boots, Men’s S.W.A.T Metro Air 9 inch boots and the Men’s Danner Acadia 8” Boot.
Have you made a decision on which is the correction officer boots for you since you are now aware of the top 10 best correctional officers’ boots in the market. However, it is advisable that before you make any purchase you first consider the factors listed above to ensure you get what suits you best.
All the boots we have listed are a great option but your preferable pick will come down to what you like most. In case you have any suggestions, questions or comments do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.